Crowns, changes to teeth post op

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PCPFORMULA

Crowns, changes to teeth post op

#1 Post by PCPFORMULA »

hi

post op, has anyone had any crowns done/changed?, when were you allowed to do so? can it be down moving in retainers or can it done 2 months post op and still in braces, has anyone had any experience of this

thanks

PCPFORMULA

#2 Post by PCPFORMULA »

nobody had any crowns/veneers done post op?

4beauty4symmetry

#3 Post by 4beauty4symmetry »

I've been told to wait until the braces are moved. That's what both the dentist and surgeon said.
Dec 2006--RPE followed by SARPE surgery
Jan 2007--Braces
Nov 2007 BSSO mandibular setback, genioplasty, and two implant anchors. Surgery-eve reprieve from Lefort.
May 2008--Debraced

Surgeries in Costa Rica, Orthodontics in Massachusetts.

All to fix an openbite, crossbite, underbite, and two missing bottom molars.

Delag

#4 Post by Delag »

I have several temporary crowns now. I was told it would be a waste of money to get the final work done until everything is 100% finished. This way the crowns are made to fit the new bite perfectly.

mgigi

#5 Post by mgigi »

I have a few crowns and a bridge, and it has turned out to be a possible problem. I am supposed to be having surgery soon to correct an open bite and cross bite, but the surgeon thinks that he will have to shave down one of my crowns to fix the bite. Now I'm being told that I should have waited to have these crowns done after the braces, but what did I know, I had them done when I really didn't think I would have braces or surgery. I should have waited; it seems that it is best to have crowns done after braces.