After Surgery options

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PCPFORMULA

After Surgery options

#1 Post by PCPFORMULA »

Hello

Im 4 weeks post op, upper only to fix my open bite, everything is going well, getting more of a feeling back inside my mouth, as the feeling is coming back, I noticed that a veneer I currently have on my upper caine tooth is clashing with the lower tooth, I always said the veener was a little long, this did,nt really matter before as my bite did,nt meet together, next app with OS and ortho are around 2 weeks away, I know I will have to change this at some point, is it worth saying to them to change it now?

Has anyone had to change a crown/veneer straight after surgery?. I know normally they can shave a natural tooth down, I take it with a veener would have to come off and the tooth shaved down further or is it possible to take something off the veneer?

I know this is a small prob, everything else about my bite is final, seen my ortho last week when this problem was,nt present, numbness was more full on, it just annoying when the tooth clashes!

mgigi

#2 Post by mgigi »

Don't know if this helps, but I am supposed to have surgery (to correct an open bite and cross bite) in early November, and my surgeon will be shaving two of my crowns at that time. I specifically asked whether this meant that I would have to have them re-done, and he said no, that this was not a problem, and that no one would be able to tell that they were shaved.