Baby Food

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rach

Baby Food

#1 Post by Rach »

Hiya! :)
This may sound really stupid but i was talking to my mum the other day and she joked that i would have to eat baby food post-op, but it made me think if anyone has?
Sorry for the randomness, im just curious

Rach :rose:

dubnobass

#2 Post by dubnobass »

I tried. I bought some of the squeezy pouches of fruit puree, as I thought it would be easy to squirt these into my mouth post-op. In fact, I couldn't really open my mouth even 1cm wide, so couldn't get the little spout between my teeth, and just got in a mess.

They tasted alright, though :)
Braced May 2005
Bimaxillary surgery Aug 2007
Debraced Jun 2008

asd

#3 Post by asd »

Yes baby foods came in very useful, i couldnt open my mouth enough to put a spoon in though for the 1st 4 weeks but i would have baby puree in a siringe

Rach

#4 Post by Rach »

ah thats interesting, thanks for the replies!
Yeh they look alright tasting so I might think about buying some after my op as there is such a limitation to what you can actually eat!

lethonflowers41

#5 Post by lethonflowers41 »

May I also reccomend Pedialite, which is a nice alternative with tons of nutrients, so it's just not wasting your energy on plain ole' liquids.

Brandyleigh35

#6 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Yep, I ate a lot of it! I especially liked the organic pears, peaches, and blueberry apple puree. I would eat them with blended cottage cheese. It was really good and so easy to eat with a baby spoon. I also added some of the fruits to my blended smoothies or shakes for extra nutrition.

Brandy

Karigan

#7 Post by Karigan »

I also ate baby food after my big op. I had rusks with milk all liquidised! Actually you can liquidise most anything, I got quite inventive!

Rach

#8 Post by Rach »

Ha you should create your very own post-op recipe book. Im sure I will have to get creative when my time comes! :banana:

nervouschrissy

#9 Post by nervouschrissy »

The hospital actually gave me a book on diet after jaw surgery...
When is your surgery??
This has recipies in it as well as pointers, and tips about recovery, weight, steps of diet after surgery, sample meal plans...if you would like .....I can scan it and email it to you...its bout 9 typed pages!!

Rach

#10 Post by Rach »

Yes please Chrissy. My surgery date isnt until 28th January but that will be very useful, trying to think of everything in advance!
Thanks!