The Lovely Season for Scalpels Club (calling all Dec. dates)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

phil

#16 Post by phil »

I stand corrected.

Make it a syringe, or a Zip-N-Squeeze tube!!!!!!!!
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

Delag

#17 Post by Delag »

On the first day of Christmas my OS gave to me,
an immersion blender and a big straw........

Arvensis

#18 Post by Arvensis »

On the second day of Christmas my OS gave to me,
two whey protein jars, and
an immersion blender with a big straw....
[8 Months, 4 days with Braces]
Braces off 4/17/2008 - Rockstar!

Before and After.

phil

#19 Post by phil »

On the THIRD day of Christmas, my OS gave to me:

three chilly ice packs,
an immersion blender with a big straw....
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

zou

#20 Post by zou »

On the FOURTH day of Christmas my OS gave to me

four zip-n-squeeze bags,
three chilly ice packs,
an immersion blender with a big straw.
Last edited by zou on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

zou

#21 Post by zou »

First, Phil, you do indeed get a special award all your own for having survived the year you have had so far.

Second, since I'm not into any pity parties, especially the ones I throw for myself, I am proposing that we use the joy of the season, the joy of spiked eggnog, and the joy of not being the only ones going through this and vow to keep each other's spirits up in order to encourage healing.

Phil, I'll take you up on the drink offer, but since I'm in sunny Arizona, I think you should head this direction instead of wintery Ohio. Maker's Mark may be good, but a complete tour of the world of Tequila is something not to be missed.

Arvensis

#22 Post by Arvensis »

I'm in Texas, I second the Tequila.

Before and After.

Pagey

#23 Post by Pagey »

Hi all,

my surgery is 14th December!! liquid diet for 6 week so im told, therefore for xmas i wish to be connected to a Bailey's Drip please or i will just sit there giving evils to the whole family!!! x :evil:

Arvensis

#24 Post by Arvensis »

Welcome to the club! Agaion with the 12-14th cluster! Does no one want to have surgery with me on a Monday? There's all kinds of great Monday jokes just waiting to be uttered!!

Membership Roster:

mmh November 17th
zou December 12th
Phil December 12th
Overjet December 13th
Pagey December 14th
Arvensis December 17th

We're all very excited to hear about the Bailey's drip possibilities. May I recommend adding butterscotch schnapps and a hint of kahlua liquor as well? Very holiday.

Before and After.

Arvensis

#25 Post by Arvensis »

Zou, we're no longer surgery twins. I'm only upper now (and I'm only shouting a small woot in honor of me but in deference to your feelings).

Also, I picked out my jaw bra - and I was thinking.. it's pretty colorful. I picked out a leopard print one. So it's like.. my jaw.. is my Christmas present. Everyone, if you get really colorful jaw bras you must give a post-op picture of your "wrapping paper!"

AND AND AND (in the spirit of procrastination):

On the FIFTH day of Christmas my OS gave to me

five golden drugs,
four zip-n-squeeze bags,
three chilly ice packs,
an immersion blender with a big straw.

Before and After.

zou

#26 Post by zou »

Yes, I commented on your other thread that we are no longer arch rivals. I am happy for you and am glad that your problems can be fixed with less surgery.

When I started this adventure it was "we will move the lower jaw only." Then it became "we will move the upper jaw only and fix the nose mechanics." It then turned into "we will do the upper and nose and set back the chin with a genio." Finally, it turned into, "your bones are too compromised and in order to make you look the best, and not just fix the mechanics we will to the upper, nose, lower, and genio."

To say it has been a rollercoaster ride would be an understatement. However, I am glad that they are bein so thourough about this and taking the bone and mechanical issue into effect but not forgetting that I am a women and my looks will matter to me.

My ortho is very funny because he will say things like "you have the prettiest upper lip and bow and I would just be brokenhearted if we messed that up." He is very much into aestetics as well as function. He is a bit of a "new age" guy and believes that the whole body needs to be considered, not just the mechanical problems. He does not want to upset my "body image" by ending up with a result that would be unpleasing to me. At times I think that he has been more concerned about it than me, then then again that was probably when I had a mouth full of canker sores and just want OUT!

Knowing that you aare having less surgery should ease your mind a bit and should ease the stress and allow you to focus on those final exams.

Arvensis

#27 Post by Arvensis »

Honestly I think the stress would have been relieved to know just WHAT I was doing, either way if it was just upper or lower as well. Not knowing this close to it all drove me crazy, I mean, literally I've gotten more done since I found out than I did in the entire 4 days before my appointment.

Before and After.

merkitaminasi

December 17th

#28 Post by merkitaminasi »

I'm having surgery on the 17th of December....
Exactly how long afterwards to I have to wait to drink? And how much can i consume? lol since i cant enjoy food alcohol seems my next best bet at enjoyment. For anyone who hasnt read my prior posts, this is my first surgery EVER. Never had stitches, broken any bones, nothing....I have no idea what to expect. I would gladly take nay suggestions to prepare for this...mentally or physically...

merkitaminasi

Also...

#29 Post by merkitaminasi »

I might add i was told the procedure I was having done is called Lefort 1/BSSo. I ahve no clue what that is supposed to stand for.

zou

#30 Post by zou »

A Lafort 1 is upper jaw surgery and the BSSO is lower jaw surgery. I do believe that quick search of the forum of these terms will provide you a ton of posts and more information than you might want.

The answer to when you can drink i(a assumed you meant alcohol) s this. NEVER while you are takin narcotics. Technically you should not drink while you are in the bone healing process because alcohol processing is just one more thing that can slow that down. You want to be really good to your body at this time and while we all REALLY WANT that spiked eggnog we really should abstain (we may have to have a competition for who manages that the longest). However, the actual answer is whenever your OS tells you it is okay (assuming he/she has an opinion on that).

Best of luck