How involved were you in the surgery planning?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clairet707

#16 Post by clairet707 »

Daveyboy wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments and advice. I've emailed my OS with some concerns and asked to meet with him to discuss these before my surgery.

I just think that it's weird that I haven't had an Xray for 4 months, or had him talk me through what they're going to do.
I do have some concerns about some asymetry that I have (my right side of my face is more prominent than the left) so definately want to talk this through with him before going ahead.

As a background info, he is the same surgeon who did my genioplasty (only for cosmetic reasons) about 7 years ago, and also took my 4 wisdoms out 16 months ago.. before I started my ortho treatment.

Maybe it's because he knows i'm fairly familiar with the basics of whats going on, that he didn't offer up the info that easily!

I'll try to update this post with the outcome of my next meeting!

Dave
Dave I didnt have this either, so its possibly not a normal thing over here.

I didnt actually find out what / where they had cut / broken till after the surgery and I saw my xray. I had the last xray before surgery probably around a year before surgery (cant remember exact date) and then one the monday after surgery.

I did have molds and impressions taken 2 weeks prior to surgery (and boy did I gag on those) and the technician made a model of how it should lookd after surgery