Zip n Squeeze - UK?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clairet707

Zip n Squeeze - UK?

#1 Post by clairet707 »

My zip n squeeze bags turned up today :jump:

However, I think I am now too advanced for them already :(

Does anyone in the UK have surgery coming up and want some??

I paid £20 for the 'hospital' set (5 of starter bags and 5 of the wider nozzle bags) and the cookery book, might keep hold of that for a bit longer as I am getting a bit bored with what foods I have been having but probably only for a week or so. Have opened the bag but thats it, havent used any of the bags

Any offers accepted

Daveyboy

#2 Post by Daveyboy »

Hi Claire,

Can I ask when you ordered yours? I ordered some about 3 weeks ago but there's still no sign of them. My surgery is March11th so still a little way off, but I definately want to feel that i've planned the whole eating thing.

If mine haven't turned up soon then i'll take yours off your hands... can you pm me a price inc postage? I'm near Reading.

On a seperate note.... how's your recovery going? Have you been able to get out for a walk yet, and how is your swelling? I also read your thread about the TMJ issues and would love to know a bit more about how you're finding things... it does sound worrying but hopefully it is just an interim problem whilst your muscles settle down.

Cheers
Dave

clairet707

#3 Post by clairet707 »

Hi Dave

I ordered mine on the day I came out of hospital (4th Feb) so delivery was quite quick but then I asked if they could send them quickly as I had already had my surgery (delivery was charged at $8 and cost 12 so not sure how they sent them).

Will do you a price just in case...

Recovery going ok, am now on no chew foods and have progressed now to a metal tea spoon from a plastic one :lol: just had a nice lunch of scrambled egg, mushroom and baked beans.

I managed a walk to the end of my road yesterday to the post box, was first day on my own so didnt want to go too far, am about to walk into town to go to my GP with my partner - its about a mile in total so will take it easy.

Am seeing my surgeon tomorrow and will ask about the TMJ problems, the guys on my other thread are probably right about my muscles though, but better safe than sorry so will find out and post response on here tomorrow.

One thing I will say about your surgery - if you are put on dissolvable paracetamol - try the kids version (calpol) - its much nicer taste even the orange one, and after about 3 days I could get tablets through the gap in the elastic so could start taking tablet voltarol rather the hideous fluorescent pink dissolvable stuff, though the size of paracetamol tablets was still a bit much till the beginning of this week.

Good luck for your surgery - what are you having done?

Daveyboy

#4 Post by Daveyboy »

Hi Claire,

Glad to hear your recovery seems to be going better. Thanks for the advice about the paracetemol... i remember having the disolvable ones when I was younger so fingers crossed they taste better now!
I'm having lower advancement only (although i'm a bit unsure of the details... something I plan to sort out this weekend!).

I ordered my ZnS stuff back on 23rd Jan so i'll email them tonight to check on the progress as it sounds like they should have arrived already.

Keep up the good work with the recovery!

Dave

tazzle

#5 Post by tazzle »

glad you are doing ok claire ............ at least the weathers been a bit warmer for your little walks recently :wink:

I will follow you and daveys stories as I hope to have the op next year .. lower jaw.

if davey doesn't take the zip bags then I will ....... nothing like being prepared in advance LOL .. if not I have the site on favourites :wink:

Daveyboy

#6 Post by Daveyboy »

Still no sign of these ZnS product that i've ordered, I've emailed them yesterday so will see if I don't get a response by tomorrow then i guess i'll have to ring the US... hopefully I don't wake them up at 3am or something!

Claire i've pm'd you as I think I would like to take the bags that you've not used, just in case mine still don't turn up!

Has anyone else here had success with ordering ZipnSqueeze stuff to the UK? Or had any problems with delivery?

Grrr :(
Dave

clairet707

#7 Post by clairet707 »

Well 3 people have now asked me about the bags.... the cook book is now available as well (decided I can cook stuff up myself without using it)

I will do a price for postage within the uk as soon as I can

Not sure who to let have them now....

Make me a decent offer and Ill have a think...

I paid £21 including the postage from the states but I reckon postage will be around £4 - 5 within UK

ema27

#8 Post by ema27 »

My offer still stands and that did not include postage so add 5.00 to the cost and i will take them off your hands up to you....

clairet707

#9 Post by clairet707 »

ema27 wrote:My offer still stands and that did not include postage so add 5.00 to the cost and i will take them off your hands up to you....
Would you want the book as well?? or just the bags?

ema27

#10 Post by ema27 »

bags and book i was thinking-thanksx

Daveyboy

#11 Post by Daveyboy »

Hi Claire,

I'm definately still interested.... as per my pm.
Like you say, if you've had several people email you, would it not be a good suggestion to base this on who's surgery is closest? Or just follow normal forum etiquette and go with whoever replied first? :P

Dave

:)

tazzle

#12 Post by tazzle »

without knowing who it would be on either count :wink: except that it WONT be me :lol: ......... sounds like first one who asked and comeup up with the dosh would stand good stead ............. or if someone really near surgery and post from US is is slow the urgency / sympathy reasoning might prevail :?

sell maybe I will be spending my birthday money on sending to USA for them to ensure arrive in time for next years surgery :wink: :wink:

[/url]

ImageImage