1 month post op update..

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clairet707

1 month post op update..

#1 Post by clairet707 »

Well went to see both surgeon and ortho today and it was a huge success... :tingrin: My grin is almost this wide (well I said almost)

First up was ortho, he was very very happy, hadnt seen him since 6 days post op so the difference to him was huge, he has said that I need to try and fit elastics on the back teeth to close the gap between jaws but other than that - perfect!

And the better news - Im going again in 4 weeks and that should be my penultimate with braces!!!! (does a little dance, sings a little song)

then it was surgeon time - again he was very happy, has approved me onto chewing and next check up in a month, was happy that my TMJ issues have settled down

Tried chewing lasagne (so soft soft stuff) tonight and it felt seriously strange, what an odd feeling :?

though I am absolutely exhausted today, we went to france on a day trip yesterday and Seafrance decided to go on strike during the day, this was after the ferries were already delayed by adverse weather

So we were 2 hours late getting to france and then 3 hours late getting home, we got home at 3am and then had to be up at 8 to get to my ortho appointment :-Z

Can you tell Im happy???

tazzle

#2 Post by tazzle »

absolutely brill news :D :D :D :D

well we will all be looking forward to pics of that brilliant emerging smile :wink:

[/url]

ImageImage

loulou123

#3 Post by loulou123 »

Fantastic news :D cant blame you for being very happy.

Can imagine eating for 1st time feels very very weird, but sure in a few days your be chomping away again :)

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Andantae

#4 Post by Andantae »

clairet707~

I am so happy for you!!!!!! What a great progress report :D Really great about the TMJ issues lessening.

How's your swelling and ROM one month out?
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

clairet707

#5 Post by clairet707 »

Well I went back to work today, very very bizarre day, felt like Id never been away but then again I didnt have a clue what was going on (I guess thats no different to normal :lol: )

Swelling round sinuses still a little but other than that its all gone

ROM is about 1 1/2 fingers, ortho says I need at least 2 fingers to get the braces off

Still have difficulty chewing, not helped by the fact that my teeth dont meet at the back (hence the elastics), am also having quite bad pain with the elastics (feels like Ive only just got the braces on again)

Other than that all ok here!

Daveyboy

#6 Post by Daveyboy »

Congratulations Claire! Sounds like you've had a great result!

It's always good to know that there are cases that go better than planned.... although i'm expecting at least another 6 months of braces after surgery, which is rapidly creeping up... 1 week to go now!

Can I ask.... did you take anything to help with the swelling? I've read a lot on here about things like arnica, or bromelin? I'd be interested to hear if you've had any experience of stuff that's available in the UK?

Cheers
Dave :D

clairet707

#7 Post by clairet707 »

Daveyboy wrote:Congratulations Claire! Sounds like you've had a great result!

It's always good to know that there are cases that go better than planned.... although i'm expecting at least another 6 months of braces after surgery, which is rapidly creeping up... 1 week to go now!

Can I ask.... did you take anything to help with the swelling? I've read a lot on here about things like arnica, or bromelin? I'd be interested to hear if you've had any experience of stuff that's available in the UK?

Cheers
Dave :D

er yes, lots of anti inflammatories (all prescribed), nothing 'herbal' though, the swelling is still present a little bit round my nose but nothing major and its going down daily

tha pain has got a little better now Im getting used to it too but Im still on the meds for it (not helped by me being back at work so therefore talking more :lol: )