Pregnancy and surgery (cmm1280)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fuentes2002

Pregnancy and surgery (cmm1280)

#1 Post by fuentes2002 »

Hi

About a month ago I pm’ed you in response to you post about wanting to get pg after surgery. Since I never actually posted on the message board my account got deleted and I have not been able to check my messages. I was wondering if you were able to find any info or if you had talked to your drs about the subject. I was searching about the message board today and found a post by a woman saying she was 9 weeks post op and had just found out she was pg.

viewtopic.php?t=9665&highlight=pregnant

It doesn’t look like she has posted in over a year so I did not bother pming her, but it sounded positive so I’m hoping it’s not necessary to wait too longer after surgery to start trying.

Any info you, or anyone else has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ssspidermom

#2 Post by ssspidermom »

I'm not sure all the concerns about getting pregnant, but I would check into the medications they would have you on, and how long it takes them to leave your body. I would check with a midwife or Obstetrician about how long to wait post-op. Also, I would make sure the surgery went well and doesn't have to be tweaked before getting pregnant so you wouldn't face another sedation.

Good luck - with the surgery and the pregnancy!
~~Plant seeds and sing songs~~

Bubbles

Pregnancy

#3 Post by Bubbles »

Hi,

My surgeon tells all his female patients not to get pregnant for 1 year post surgery. This is important since the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy and lactation can cause changes in the joints and create relapse. I would be very cautious about this.

Bubbles

cmm1280

#4 Post by cmm1280 »

Hi Fuentes2002,
Too bad that she has not posted in a while, I'd love to hear what she went through. It's hard enough to find someone who has been through this surgery, but then to find one who gets pregnant shortly afterwards! :shock:

I haven't seen my surgeon yet to question him on the subject, but it should be very soon. I haven't set my date yet for the surgery, but they tell me I should be ready in July or August. My next appointment is this Thursday and I'm hoping I can set my date then. I'll be sure to post just as soon as I speak with him.

Thanks again!
Carla

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.