Updated everyones arguing over me - oops

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

loulou123

#31 Post by loulou123 »

Thanks for the support

Rach god only knows how he can deny it, when the tooths clearly missing on the xray after surgery, but hes trying too! Hes basically saying that he "meant" to take all four wisdom teeth out and accidently left one behind, but the plan was only ever to take 3 out, so hes actually taken the wrong one out if that makes sense. Cant believe how ironic it is after me telling you how great he was pre op :shock: Know you werent best impressed with him either, so cant imagine what hes doing.

Meryaten i just dont know if its worth doing the surgeon is suposed to be the senior register for the whole of my health authrity on orthaganthic surgery, so cant see anyone disagreeing with him. What do you think?

tazzle great to here from you, hope everything went well, for you and your mum, speak soon :D

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

loulou123

#32 Post by loulou123 »

:?

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

Delag

#33 Post by Delag »

Loulou - you have really been through the wars. I am so sorry you have not had an easy time, or have been able to find an easy solution. I have a question for you about the plate infection... (sorry if this was already discussed and I missed it)....would it be possible to remove the plate now and get wired for a couple of weeks? It seem the most pressing problem in your case is the infection, if the plate were removed sooner rather than later it might be in your best interest. Before the days of plates and screws they used wires all the time....just a thought. Sending lots of good healing vibes!

Envy

#34 Post by Envy »

Looks like your doing great :lol: :D

loulou123

#35 Post by loulou123 »

Meryaten i think the only way to be referred to another health authorioty is by my surgeon and then id have to tell him why. I know you can pick the health authority at the beginning of your treatment now, but dont think you can go for a 2nd opinion elsewhere. Guess i could see a surgeon privately.

Delag thanks for the healing vibes :lol: in answer to your question, on the last xray the bone had shown no signs of healing, so if the plates removed now, itll mean wiring shut for several weeks :roll: (i asked the same question) so my surgeon wants to avoid this if at all possible, and i agree after being banded tightly for 6 weeks! But if push comes to shove and the infection gets any worse, then i guess thatll be what happens.

JayC

#36 Post by JayC »

say you do wait for the bone to heal.. thats probably gonna be another 4-6 weeks of the swollen cheek/pains etc. if you were to get the surgery done now and be wired shut.. you would be wired shut for what.. 6 weeks or so as well. so in the end its basically not really getting much out of your mouth for 4-6weeks rite? im assuming youre on a pretty soft diet as is rite now neways? would it be that much worse to be wired shut for about 6 weeks and be on liquid? heheh. the infection would probably get better a lot sooner too if you were to be wired shut as you would have those infected screws out.

it is a tough decision though. i would probably flip a coin btu i would lean toward being wired shut as mcuh as that would really suck mainly bc i would be afraid the infection itself is preventing proper bone healing

loulou123

#37 Post by loulou123 »

No exactly what you mean jayC im concerned that if i leave it another 6 weeks ish that the bone will still not be healed and ill end up being wired shut anyways. But as im having it done on the nhs the final decision is theres and there decision at the moment seems to be too hope it heals and then take the plate out :roll:

im still on a no chew diet, tho being wired would obviously restrict that even more, think im beginning to forget how to chew! Tho i also know there are people (phil springs to mind) who have been on a restricted diet for much longer than me.

Still i have 2 hopsital appointments next week, so ill see what is said then i guess.

phil

#38 Post by phil »

Louise,

Hang in there!

I have not chewed solid food for nine and a half months! I think I could write a recipe book of delicious, nutritious blended foods, although I'm sure Arvensis wouldn't buy a copy, because a lot of the food would be BROWN! :lol:

How are things going with your swelling?
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

loulou123

#39 Post by loulou123 »

Thanks phil :D

cant imagine how aweful it is after 9 and half months of no solids, have they given you any undication at all how much longer your be restricted for?

Perhaps you should write tht book :D tho i have to agree with Arvensis on the BROWN front :lol:

the swelling is still pretty much the same, people see me and go "oh your still swollen then" as if there disapointed! Have noticed my midline is slightly off to one side, so am hoping its not the swelling causing that :?

Arvensis

#40 Post by Arvensis »

although I'm sure Arvensis wouldn't buy a copy, because a lot of the food would be BROWN!
Loulou and I will add lots of cream to make it TAN and then from there we'll add food coloring to make it BRIGHT BLUE!!!

Ugg.

No brown.

I still can't eat brown food. Literally. It has to be green, orange, yellow, red, something. I tried eating sausage, no way, no how, too brown. I bought turkey sausages that had blueberries (breakfast!) - no problem!

Phil, you could customize it to be non-spicy and make it a baby food organic book - IE how mom and dad can cook for themselves and make baby food. You'd have to hire a nutritionist to work on it, but I'm assuming the high vitamin stuff you've probably been making would count well in baby food arena;) THAT, I might buy a copy of, as I'm a big believer in homemade or organic, but if I had to eat it there might be some problems ;)
[8 Months, 4 days with Braces]
Braces off 4/17/2008 - Rockstar!

Before and After.

loulou123

#41 Post by loulou123 »

Discovered in last couple of days that it is possible for my face to get even more swollen :? have been trying to contact someone on my oral surgeons team all afternoon, as have app with ortho tomorrow and kinda hoped that someone surgical could see me at same time. But theyve had phone on answer machine all the time :roll:

have also got an appointment friday to have my wisdom tooth removed, but cant see how there do that now, with the swelling even worse, so was hoping to speak to someone about that too.

Its all starting to pee me off now but i keep telling myself it will eventually all be over and hopefully worth it.

loulou123

#42 Post by loulou123 »

Managed to get an appointment with one of the surgical team before my ortho appointment, finally.

The surgeon basically said that now my jaw is showing signs of rejecting the plate, not 100% sure what that means, but it doesnt sound too good :? and hes given me extra strong antibiotics (which app are likely to upset my stomach and make me nauseaus) and ive now got an appointment next thursday wih my surgeon himself to arrange the removal of the plate as soon as possible. Also slightly worryingly, he said if things suddenly get worse or im in alot of pain to call the hospital AandE even if its 4am and theyll get the on-call doctor to see me. Hope he just said that "just in case" not because he thinks it may happen. :shock:

Orthodontically, i had the lower archwire changed, which quite franky was not pleasant, due to all the swelling, but does mean goodbye surgical hooks :D :D (on the bottom anyway) apparently we will decide after the plates been removed how much longer i need the braces on for. But orthodontically things are still looking good :lol:

Im back to the hospital tomorrow, for the wisdom tooth removal :shock: with the same surgeon i saw today, hes a really nice guy which makes me feel abit better. Hes confident he can do it, but the issues may be the opening of mouth for injection and biting on the gauze afterwards to stop the bleeding, im getting very nervous and my bottom teeth are hurting now from the adjustment too :roll:

tazzle

#43 Post by tazzle »

oh lou lou you are having a time of it aren't you :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope once the plate is out you will feel much better and that orthodontiacally things still go well.

as for the wisdom tooth removal ..... i would do ANYTHNG that might help distract you .... Listen to music , meditating, deep breathing ( I get the odd comment when I do this but it does help me :wink: ). ...... nice mental pics of walks on sady beach ( or whatever floats your boat :wink: )

Unfortunately dutch courage not to be encouraged despite the relaxation properties of alcohol :(

I will be thinking of you tomorrow

[/url]

ImageImage

clairet707

#44 Post by clairet707 »

loulou123 wrote:Managed to get an appointment with one of the surgical team before my ortho appointment, finally.

The surgeon basically said that now my jaw is showing signs of rejecting the plate, not 100% sure what that means, but it doesnt sound too good :? and hes given me extra strong antibiotics (which app are likely to upset my stomach and make me nauseaus) and ive now got an appointment next thursday wih my surgeon himself to arrange the removal of the plate as soon as possible. Also slightly worryingly, he said if things suddenly get worse or im in alot of pain to call the hospital AandE even if its 4am and theyll get the on-call doctor to see me. Hope he just said that "just in case" not because he thinks it may happen. :shock:

Orthodontically, i had the lower archwire changed, which quite franky was not pleasant, due to all the swelling, but does mean goodbye surgical hooks :D :D (on the bottom anyway) apparently we will decide after the plates been removed how much longer i need the braces on for. But orthodontically things are still looking good :lol:

Im back to the hospital tomorrow, for the wisdom tooth removal :shock: with the same surgeon i saw today, hes a really nice guy which makes me feel abit better. Hes confident he can do it, but the issues may be the opening of mouth for injection and biting on the gauze afterwards to stop the bleeding, im getting very nervous and my bottom teeth are hurting now from the adjustment too :roll:
Crikey Lou, you are suffering, hope things go well for you tomorrow and it doesnt hurt / bleed / get infected too much

good news about the hooks and braces though

sauerkraut

#45 Post by sauerkraut »

My, you're having a tough time of it. I'm very impressed with your philosophical attitude.

You may already know this, but natural yogurt (especially, I think, the probiotic type) is supposed to help your stomach cope with antibiotics. Just a tip, in case they do disagree with you. (I'm assuming you can slurp yogurt down somehow :wink: )

Hope it all goes well tomorrow.