Shape of nose chaged?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Von

Shape of nose chaged?

#1 Post by Von »

When does changes the shape of the nose?only with upper jaw fixed?Can the shape of the nose be changed with lower jaw setback only?

clairet707

#2 Post by clairet707 »

Hi

I had upper and lower jaw surgery and my nose shaped

before surgery my nose pointed down at the end (very roman style nose) now it points up right at the end

Not sure how / why its changed but I am happy as I wasnt that keen on my nose before

IamHustla

#3 Post by IamHustla »

so having uppder jaw surgery change the nose shape??

IamHustla

#4 Post by IamHustla »

meryaten i am having upjaw surgery because i have a very very small underbite butthe surgeon told me dat my lower jaw is fine its normal but its my upper jaw that didnt come out far enuff and they wanna move my upper jaw forward abit will that change the appearance of the nose of face?

dubnobass

#5 Post by dubnobass »

I would guess yes, quite possibly. Movements forward or down tend to make the nose widen and/or tilt upwards at the tip. There are some techniques they use which can minimise the possibility of this happening, but the impact on the nose is difficult to predict in each patient.
Braced May 2005
Bimaxillary surgery Aug 2007
Debraced Jun 2008

Von

#6 Post by Von »

I understand that upper jaw movement can affect your nose because it is close to the nose,but lower too?Hmmm,that doesn't makes any sense to me because the mandible is like separate from teh skull?Anyone who had only lower jaw has your nose changed?Cause i love the shape of my nose,dont want it to chage :lol:

Lina

#7 Post by Lina »

My OS also said that lower jaw adjustments can change the nose as well. i noticed a difference even tho im only 2 days post op. maybe its just the swelling but my nose looks more normal