So a week to go...

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clairet707

So a week to go...

#1 Post by clairet707 »

Havent been around much recently as work has been major busy (and also my wedding planning is getting in the way of my forumming (if thats a word :lol: )

But I have just over a week to go to debracing

Questions....

What will happen..

What will it be like during...

What will it feel like after...

How happy will I be...

(I can answer the last one now - VERY!! :jump: :banana: )

Arvensis

#2 Post by Arvensis »

If it's like mine, the actual removal of things from teeth was SUPER fast. The polishing took a little while after:) AFTER will be wonderful, slimey, but fun, and you'll eat things and be able to eat them and wow. hehe:)
[8 Months, 4 days with Braces]
Braces off 4/17/2008 - Rockstar!

Before and After.

cmeyer115

#3 Post by cmeyer115 »

Wow, congrats on them coming off. I am on my second time in braces, but will never forget them coming off the first time. I had them on for 18 months and can tell you that it was pretty quick, although I didn't like the cement removal part. Something about drilling things still scare me. They gave me some trays to whiten at night until my retainers were in. But really all I could do was keep running my tounge over them, and flossing all the time like a normal person. I wanted to eat all the things they advise you not to eat, mainly needing a forceable bite! I also could not stop smiling! Good luck and it will make your wedding pic's awesome.

:lol:

Andantae

#4 Post by Andantae »

Hey clairet707! Yes, you have been a stranger, but I guess you have good reason :D ! How did you manage the timing of having a perfect shiny white smile just in time for your wedding?? :) Clever woman!

I will let others answer your questions, but will congratulate you and request that you keep **foruming*** long enough to show off your new smile when you get them off!
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

clairet707

#5 Post by clairet707 »

Andantae wrote:Hey clairet707! Yes, you have been a stranger, but I guess you have good reason :D ! How did you manage the timing of having a perfect shiny white smile just in time for your wedding?? :) Clever woman!

I will let others answer your questions, but will congratulate you and request that you keep **foruming*** long enough to show off your new smile when you get them off!
Timing - I pestered my dentist at around the right time and then demanded my ortho get them off me in time for the wedding (though he did say if they werent quite done by then, he would take them off early and put me on serious retainers) :-* Which for those of you who are interested is in 2 months!!

Of course I will post my pics of my shiny new smile! How could I not, you lot have been great the last few months with your support and its only fair I reward you all :lol: :jump: