Premolar Extractions day before a Midterm?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mgundevia

Premolar Extractions day before a Midterm?

#1 Post by mgundevia »

Hi everyone ,

Talked to the doctor yesterday and he said that I need to have these extractions done soon. However the day, next week Wednesday, that he comes into my dentist is the day before a midterm exam of mine.

Now if I study this weekend and all through out theweek, will the surgery affect me mentally? Or just the pain which I lived through when I first got my braces on?

Will I just be grogy (sp?)? The surgery will be say at 2PM and my midterm is the following day at 5PM - will I have recovered enough to be normal in thinking or will I still be "high" and not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks

elpi

#2 Post by elpi »

Some people are fine the next day, others still feel a bit wibbly. I personally wouldn't have done well in an exam the next day, it's a real struggle eating in the first 24 hours and this made me feel sort of weak and a bit rubbish.

mgundevia

#3 Post by mgundevia »

Thanks for replying. When I first got the spacers in between my teeth I didnt/couldn't eat for 3 days so I'm kinda hardened by that.

My only concern is that I hsouldn't be out of my mental state and what not - I might be tired but I am taking the day off from work.