Help jaw problems nhs

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bubsy08

Help jaw problems nhs

#1 Post by bubsy08 »

how do I go about seeing a nhs orthodontist as I have an overbite. my bottom teeth touch the roof of my mouth when I bite and there is a 10mm gap between top and bottom teeth when i do this. I am 24 and on job seekers alowance

Svensk Tiger

#2 Post by Svensk Tiger »

You need to see your dentist and ask for a referral to an orthodontist. They may well automatically refer you to an NHS one but if not you will need to ask them how to go about gaining an NHS referral.
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

Kerry

Re: Help jaw problems nhs

#3 Post by Kerry »

bubsy08 wrote:how do I go about seeing a nhs orthodontist as I have an overbite. my bottom teeth touch the roof of my mouth when I bite and there is a 10mm gap between top and bottom teeth when i do this. I am 24 and on job seekers alowance
mines not half as bad as that i had an overbit and but my teeth did touch im having my surgery through the nhs. why dont you call your hospital ask to speak to sometone in maxofaciol / orthdontics department cant spell sorry you can self refer.

in my case i paid to see an ortho they gave me three options and surgery was my last option as mine wasnt too bad i wanted the perfect result so my ortho arranged for a surgeon to come and see me. The surgeon came to see me and put me on the waiting list for wisdom teeth removal and then she accepted me for bsso surgery so i have now had braces fitted on the NHS and going through the process.
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

Kerry

#4 Post by Kerry »

sorry about the spelling n all i have just had a vodka and redbull :oops:
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)