mild hemifacial microsomia

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gempop1

mild hemifacial microsomia

#1 Post by gempop1 »

Hello - thought I should introduce myself on this board.
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

gempop1

#2 Post by gempop1 »

Ok,
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#3 Post by nahky »

I think I know how you feel. I know i dont have the same problems as yours but i know that my jaw is asymetrical too because of my problem. One side of my bottom jaw is longer than the other side. I have a slight underbite and i know its a diffferent situation. WHen i was younger, i had an underbite, but my face was symentrical. Nows it slanted to one side and my chin looks like its pointing in a more diagnal angle than straight.

I say you should do whatever will make you happy, and if getting the implant and orthagnathic surgery will eliminate the problems so you won't have to ever think about them again, do it.

Once I get my surgery done next year, I will be so glad to leave that part of my life behind me.

From your pictures, in the natural posed pics, i dont notice any flaws. I can relate, in a real situation, no one would notice anything with my asymetrical face unless i point it out. I notice you ahve two different profiles in comparison with each other, i have the same thing, i hate how i have to feel self conscious about poeple seeing my profile. But i'm slowing gettting over it because i know by this time next year, i will have a stunning profile and jaw alignment and a great smile will never have to feel conscious about poeple seeing me from certain angles.

sorry i blabbed on, dont think i was of any help :shock: :P
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

beady

#4 Post by beady »

Hi Gempop

I am in the same situation as you. I have been referred to the NHS in Bedford and have been told that I am going to need a LeFortI osteotomy and a sagittal split osteotomy. Are these the same operations you need? I too show more gum on one side of my face than the other. The problem with me is that this has caused TMJ and I now suffer from earaches and tinnitus. At 31, this is highly annoying! Will your operations be through the NHS

gempop1

#5 Post by gempop1 »

em