May SARP Buddies?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sleclerc

#16 Post by Sleclerc »

Hey did you get your device? I got mine a week early(grumble) How are you doing with it? Its been a rought two days for me! Check in~stephanie

AFLeadDog

#17 Post by AFLeadDog »

I got my device(s)...OMG the bottom one is ok to deal with but the top… a pain. The first day I didn’t think I could handle it! You just don’t realize the mechanics involved with swallowing until there is something in the way. I am on day three and am figuring out how to swallow using just the back of my tongue. I really don’t enjoy eating because I hate all the food getting stuck above the expander. I am sure it will get easier, at least that’s what I keep telling myself! I can’t imagine what it will feel like to swallow after the surgery....ugg. I am wondering how hard it will be to put dental wax on the hooks after the surgery. I just keep thinking 5-6 months you can do it will go by fast!! I think I am happy I didn’t have the surgery the same day the expanders went in.

How is it going for you? You are only getting the SAARPE?

Sleclerc

#18 Post by Sleclerc »

Mine is going just like yours. My cheek is getting torn to hell by something metal. Ive been trying to keep it all waxed up to no avail. My tongue hurts from constantly hitting the expander and me trying to wedge food out of it. I got mine on Wed so its day three for me as well, and I do notice a slight improvement in my speach and my learning to keep my tongue still. Yes, Im only have SARPE on Thursday but I am approved for a mandibular setback sometime time later in the year or early next yr. What about you? So what Leclercs do yall know?
AFLeadDog wrote:I got my device(s)...OMG the bottom one is ok to deal with but the top… a pain. The first day I didn’t think I could handle it! You just don’t realize the mechanics involved with swallowing until there is something in the way. I am on day three and am figuring out how to swallow using just the back of my tongue. I really don’t enjoy eating because I hate all the food getting stuck above the expander. I am sure it will get easier, at least that’s what I keep telling myself! I can’t imagine what it will feel like to swallow after the surgery....ugg. I am wondering how hard it will be to put dental wax on the hooks after the surgery. I just keep thinking 5-6 months you can do it will go by fast!! I think I am happy I didn’t have the surgery the same day the expanders went in.

How is it going for you? You are only getting the SAARPE?

AFLeadDog

#19 Post by AFLeadDog »

The LeClercs I am related to are from the North East... at least the last 3 generations anyways... My grandparents had 8 kids 5 boys so the LeClerc name is still going strong!

Well I am getting used to these expanders... the one on the bottom I don’t even realize is there most of the time. The top one...ahhh...it’s getting much better. I had Chinese food tonight HAHAHA omg orange chicken, Beijing beef and rice...ok so not such a wise decision. Little hard to chew and keep it out of my expander. Of Course now that I am getting used to it I have Surgery in 2 Days. So I won’t have to worry about chewing for 6 weeks!!!.

I know there are tons of recipes out there for no chew foods, but if you run into one that you liked a lot please share it with me and I will do the same.

So how much are they expanding you? They are talking 9-11 cm on both bottom and top. They said my bite is fine just need room in my mouth for my existing teeth. I’ll have to post before and after...

Sleclerc

#20 Post by Sleclerc »

Hope your doing ok? Check in let me know..My surgery is tomorrow. Looks like Im only expanding on one side? Odd dont ya think? Yeah me too..Anyhows Ill try to check in soon~stephanie
AFLeadDog wrote:The LeClercs I am related to are from the North East... at least the last 3 generations anyways... My grandparents had 8 kids 5 boys so the LeClerc name is still going strong!

Well I am getting used to these expanders... the one on the bottom I don’t even realize is there most of the time. The top one...ahhh...it’s getting much better. I had Chinese food tonight HAHAHA omg orange chicken, Beijing beef and rice...ok so not such a wise decision. Little hard to chew and keep it out of my expander. Of Course now that I am getting used to it I have Surgery in 2 Days. So I won’t have to worry about chewing for 6 weeks!!!.

I know there are tons of recipes out there for no chew foods, but if you run into one that you liked a lot please share it with me and I will do the same.

So how much are they expanding you? They are talking 9-11 cm on both bottom and top. They said my bite is fine just need room in my mouth for my existing teeth. I’ll have to post before and after...

AFLeadDog

#21 Post by AFLeadDog »

Well I am officialy on the otherside! Surgery went well it was at 0730 on the 27th pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The nurses are very good giving meds to manage pain. Well its 2am I am gonna try and sleep I will write more when I get home.

Good lkuck today!!!