May Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#16 Post by blindboarder2008 »

glad to hear you are recovering okay!!! here is to a continued healthy recovery with no surprises:D
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

AFLeadDog

#17 Post by AFLeadDog »

Well I am officially on the other side!! I had SARPE and SAME Surgery yesterday. I just got home today. So far so good, it is a weird sensation when you bump your teeth or they move a bit because the only anchor is the expanders. How long does that feeling last? I think I am supposed to start turning the keys next Tuesday 1 turn top and bottom both morning and night! They say we are looking at between 9 an 11 gap to make room for all my crowded teeth. Why is it that they give you the biggest pills to swallow when you should be on liquid? Boggles my mind!?!? Anyone have any good advice that made wasting time easier? Talk to you all soon.

tazzle

#18 Post by tazzle »

brilliant ..... and you are back on here super dooper quick

sorry cant help re the teeth questions but I am sure someone will pop along that will :wink:

as to passing time ...... well I suppose for the first few days I will just enjoy the peace and quiet knowing I dont have to work, do housework ,. do the garden etc etc......... then Iwill enjoy a few films, enjoy my beading , reading books, sit in the garden ( its sunny at least heare yeah !) go for little walks, visit some friends that dont mind if I just sit even if I dribble :lol:

if you dont already have a quiet hobby maybe now is the time to culture a new one :wink:

[/url]

ImageImage

AFLeadDog

#19 Post by AFLeadDog »

Thanks Tazzle!!

How are you doing LeClerc??? Have not heard from you!!

ctoler1920

#20 Post by ctoler1920 »

I am a May buddy also.....I am 4 weeks post op. I am recovering well with no surprises. I am just waiting on my surgeon to inform my ortho that it is safe to change the wires on my braces (which will be horrible because they will be heavier wires). Other than that just waiting on the clearance to play softball!!!!!

Sleclerc

#21 Post by Sleclerc »

Hey Im here, sorry Ive just been busy with school,kids etc. Did I mention that with the expanding one of the side popped off my expander? I was all freaked out. Imagine the discomfort of having them mess with that three days after surgery! :-/ Anyhows, I saw the Os today and he and my Ortho think I should be fully expanded by Monday. I guess then they just tie it off and wait for it to heal. How you doing? Oh did i mention I had a mild case of Thrush? LOL no really im doing well..lol
AFLeadDog wrote:Thanks Tazzle!!

How are you doing LeClerc??? Have not heard from you!!

Sleclerc

#22 Post by Sleclerc »

oh and I didnt have any pills to take, all medicine I had was liquid..ps Air Force?
AFLeadDog wrote:Well I am officially on the other side!! I had SARPE and SAME Surgery yesterday. I just got home today. So far so good, it is a weird sensation when you bump your teeth or they move a bit because the only anchor is the expanders. How long does that feeling last? I think I am supposed to start turning the keys next Tuesday 1 turn top and bottom both morning and night! They say we are looking at between 9 an 11 gap to make room for all my crowded teeth. Why is it that they give you the biggest pills to swallow when you should be on liquid? Boggles my mind!?!? Anyone have any good advice that made wasting time easier? Talk to you all soon.

AFLeadDog

#23 Post by AFLeadDog »

Hey good to hear from you LeClerc!! Yes I am active AF! Lucky you not having to take pills. I swear to god I think the docs and surgeons get together to figure out the LARGEST pills to prescribe LOL i crushed them for the first 2 days but after that I just forced myself to swallow them!!. I went for my first checkup today and apparently my bottom expander wasn’t doing anything...I would expand in the morning by one turn and by that evening it actually rolled backwards so when I did my night turn i was just redoing what I did that morning...LOL. SO tonight I turned the bottom 3 times then placed some wax around the screw to hopefully hold it in place. The Doc says for some reason the bottom ones are the toughest. I have 11mm to expand top and bottom so like 44 turns I think. It will take a week or two :(. It’s getting better though. 1 week now home from work and I am going crazy!! I have 3 more weeks off before back to work for light duty....

That had to suck breaking the expander...omg I couldn’t imagine them messing with it 3 days after surgery!!

They were talking about potentially a two stage expander for my top. 11mm may not be enough up there and I guess my arch was too small to put in a bigger jack screw... Imagine them removing this expander (not healed) refitting new bands, remolding, then fitting in the new expander. All with a lose jaw and having to bite the bands into place UGGG. Crossing my fingers I don’t need it!

Keep me updated on your progress!! Talk to you soon.
Respectfully,

AFLeadDog