Dried mouth

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pvnguyen1

Dried mouth

#1 Post by pvnguyen1 »

My mouth feels so dry at night because I'm rubber banded, so I can't wet my lips with my tongue. I have to drink water every 15-30 min.

Lacrosse Mom

#2 Post by Lacrosse Mom »

I'm in the same boat!! Where I live it is quite warm so my mouth is constantly dry!!!

I bought some medicated blistex and it seems to help a little bit.

I just keep forcing water down!!!

If you find anything that works, let us know!

Thanks

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

this may seem a bit weird or a bit odd but i used a wash cloth to combat my evil dry mouth issue. What I would do is drink lots just before I went to sleep and then i had a wet wash cloth and I would put that (lay that) right on my neck and it seemed to help a bit. I'm thinking because of the moisture of the cloth but not sure. all i know is that worked fairly well so its worth a shot. I also had a cool mist humidifier runnin all the time when I was sleeping to keep my room nice and moist.

if you try the washcloth trick let me know how it works out for you!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Esoteric

#4 Post by Esoteric »

Can't you put some kind of lip balm on or some kind of petroleum based save? Or does that not help?
----Eric
SARPE survivor 9-3-08
Braced 10-15-08
Evil expander removed 3-21-09
Surgery Survivor Sept 09
Braces off July 13, 10