I can open my mouth!!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AZWILDCATS

I can open my mouth!!!!

#1 Post by AZWILDCATS »

I got my bands off and can now open my mouth about a 1/2"! I'm a bit sore and have a headache from moving my jaw for the first time in 6 weeks, but all in all - I'm relieved.

I ate some cottage cheese and cut a Cornish Pastie into tiny bits... for dessert, I had a Reese's Peanut Buttercup which took me 25 minutes to eat.

Next week, I get Xray'd and if all looks good, I get my screws out under general anesthesia. If it doesn't look good, the bands go back on. :( I hope it looks good!

Lacrosse Mom

#2 Post by Lacrosse Mom »

Congratulations! :o

You must be so excited! I had a Lefort 1 in July and I was so thrilled to take off my bands to eat!

Good luck! I hope you get to take them off permanently! If I remember correctly your surgery was the result of a "accident." (eating something hard)

Mine was elective. I can't imagine how painful it must be to break it!

Best of Luck & Happy Healing :D

jordan82

#3 Post by jordan82 »

congratulations......I hope everything is good so they put the bands back on. You must feel so happy. I had pretty tight elastics (could open my mouth enough to put in a straw at least) for only 13 days and I was soooo incredibly happy to get them off. 6 weeks is tough....congrats again.

AZWILDCATS

#4 Post by AZWILDCATS »

Thanks guys!

It's weird - I can feel like scar tissue on the inside of my mouth. I think I can open my mouth about 1" now. Still a bit messy when I eat.. but working on it!

Can't wait to get these screws out... food just snags on them.