Oral Surgeons in Europe?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crr7

Oral Surgeons in Europe?

#1 Post by crr7 »

Hi

I live in the UK but want to travel overseas (within Europe) for Orthognathic surgery, to take advantage of the cheaper cost. Can anybody tell me the names of good and renowned oral surgeons in Europe? Also can anybody give me names of good surgeons in the UK as I plan to consult with a few on home turf before I travel, just for knowledge?

I'm paying for my surgery as it's more of a cosmetic case and I can't get it done on NHS or insurance. I have no functional problems and my teeth are a perfect bite as I have previously had orthodontic work. However my jaws were never fixed and I still have a short mandible and receding chin.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Chris

yogataz

#2 Post by yogataz »

Dr Maurice Mommearts in Bruges, Belgium

He is the president of the European Ass of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery. I had a consult with him in June. Very professional. I am still debating going with him, due to the low cost, and hisincredible credentials, also living in the UK myself. Only down side is lack of communication and from what i understand a less intimate relationship with the orthodontist prior to surgery. Mine a is a bit of a complicated case, as I have a class 1 bite, but a retrognathic profile. So the orthodontist is an important factor for me, as she needs to make my bite worse to prepare for the surgery.

Terry

crr7

#3 Post by crr7 »

Thank you sooo much for that information Terry - really appreciated, i'll check him out. Good luck with your decision mate, let us know what you finally decide. It's good to hear from a fellow UKer looking into the same thing as me.

Chris