jaw realignment op

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LydiaPreece

jaw realignment op

#1 Post by LydiaPreece »

Helloo*waves*
I decided about a week ago that I do what to go through with the surgery, I was offered it last yr and I was gonna do but I chickened out at the last minute and I thought the people at the hospital were quite rude and treated me like i was some kinda monster so I thought ok i dnt want the surgery.

But now ive changed my mind because since I said no the 1st time I can't bear to look at myself, it became worse last weekend when I went to my uncles wedding and obviously piccys were taken and my mum uploaded them to her facebook, and when I saw them it was 'christ is that what people see when they look at me', and from that point i've just had a get over it attuitude cos theres a part of me thats like 'omg don't do it, don't have the scary surgery' lol.

I've read some stories and they've really put my mind at ease like most people I thought it was gonna be REALLY painful,
to cut a long story short, ive been told that my top needs to come forward and my bottom need to go back but on top of that they said I don't have a chin(i have no idea what they mean by that from my lips it isn't a straight drop to my boobs lol there is something sticking out possible a chin??) so i have to have 3 lots of surgery,

so i was wondering if anyone has had the same as me and what it was like and could anyone explain what they mean by no chin...oh and another thing my dentist never said anything about bands or being wired shut?!?!?! I was wondering what that consists of.

thanks so much for any info you can give
ttfn, Lydia
xxx

LydiaPreece

#2 Post by LydiaPreece »

oohh ive just remembered i have open bite aswell