February 2010 Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bb

#16 Post by bb »

Oh no! That sucks!
Maybe if you keep yourself busy, the time will go by quicker.
(that's what I'm trying to do)

Get lots of rest and get well in the meantime.

Davide

#17 Post by Davide »

Thanks a lot bb and audra. I appreciate your support.
So here I am this morning at home, writing on Archwired, still sick and very depressed, rather than at the hospital having surgery. I still cannot come to terms with what has happened. But there isn't anything that I can do right now to change things. I guess that I should have taken better care of myself before surgery to avoid getting sick. I thought I did but obviously it wasn't enough.
Well I guess I might as well join the March buddy thread since my surgery is rescheduled for March 10.
I'll keep following your progress and send you my best wishes to both of you for a successful surgery and a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Davide

Audra

#18 Post by Audra »

Davide, sorry to hear you are depressed over this (and still sick) :(

I will be following everyone's progress for the next few months also even though I'm no longer a February buddy.

Good luck to Zonergem today!

bb

#19 Post by bb »

Lonelyyyy, I'm ever so lonelyyyyyy
:lol:
Well I guess I'm the only February buddy :(
Any Feb-Surgery-Lurkers out there brave enough to join me?

So my appointments are:
1. Had a radiological appt - pre-op photos of my face and teeth.

2. Next is a pre-admission appt at the hospital- I have to bring a list of my medications and decide if I want a private room or ward

3. Then a meeting with the anaesthetist.

4. Then an appt. at my OS's office to get measured and then a discussion with him about what's going to be done.

5. Then an appt. with my ortho to get my surgical hooks on.

Then Feb 24 is the big day. I'll be staying 1 night in hospital. I guess I'll find out about what I need to bring when I go to the pre-admit appt.

Davide - I know how you feel.. My surgery was supposed to be Oct. then Dec. then Jan and now it's Feb!! The upside is I'm more impatient to get it over with so that I'm hardly nervous about it!
But even so: Ugh!:x for you

Davide

#20 Post by Davide »

Hey bb,
glad to hear that everything is moving along with your surgery. I hope for you that this time around you'll really get the surgery done. I can't believe it that your surgery was postponed three times. I can't imagine how I would feel like if that happened to me. I'm absolutely miserable that my surgery was postponed once.
Why there was so much rescheduling in your case?
I wish you luck with everything. I'll keep following your case and be your February buddy even though my surgery was bumped up to March.

Davide

maloccluser

#21 Post by maloccluser »

February surgery lurker here, BB. You have company!

I'm scheduled for upper, lower, and genio in a few weeks. I have two more follow-ups with my surgeon for impressions/models and a final consultation and one more visit to the orthodontist for hooks.

Been in braces since January 2008. Ready to get rolling with this.

bb

#22 Post by bb »

Yay Malocluser!
Thanks for being my buddy :D
Jan 2008? Whoa you are more than ready I'm sure!

Here's some before and after of my progress.
(sorry about the blurry pics :oops: )

Davide

#23 Post by Davide »

This morning I made one last ditch attempt to have my surgery rescheduled to a sooner date but to no avail.
I called my surgeon's office and begged the treatment coordinator, but she explained to me that the surgeon operates just on Wednesday, and for the next four weeks he's booked up with a series of minor surgeries. Considering that my procedures will take about six hours, unless 3 or 4 of his patients scheduled for surgery on the same day cancel altogether, I'm out of luck.
So I'm officially out of the February buddy thread. I wish bb and malocluser first not to miss their surgery date like I did, and second a successful operation and a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Davide

cheekysara

#24 Post by cheekysara »

Hey I am scheduled for Feb 23rd. Upper and lower jaw surgeries and a genio. He said it will only take him 2 and a half hours to do??

Davide

#25 Post by Davide »

Just 2 and a half hours? Upper, lower, and genio? That's insane! My OS will take 6 hours for the same procedures less the genio. Is your surgeon a magician?

Audra

#26 Post by Audra »

I also was told 4-6 hours for upper and lower (which is what I am having).

cheekysara

#27 Post by cheekysara »

How is everyone getting on?

Jac

#28 Post by Jac »

hi,

hope you don't mind me crashing the thread. i am just over a week post op from upper, lower & genio.

briefly here is my story, got braces 14th May 2008, had surgery 3rd Feb 2010, in surgery for 6 hours, they moved my top jaw up & forwrd due to 'gummy smile', bottom jaw forward as overbite of 12mm, genioplasty & bit of work on my cheeks as i had a flat profile.

at the moment i am banded shut, on a liquid diet, swelling has gone down considerably but still numb.

this week has been tough but still glad i went ahead & would do it again :)

well thats me, what about you guys, whats your stories?

Jac xxx

cheekysara

#29 Post by cheekysara »

HI well I'm Sara. Had braces as a teen and at 21. Braced again at the age of 25 in Jan of 2008. Surgery on 24th Feb . Lower jaw advancement, top jaw moved up due to a gummy smile and genio too to advance my chin, the days are ticking by and it's getting closer and I am both nervous and excited.

Jac

#30 Post by Jac »

hi cheekysara,

certainly feel for you & understnd the nervous/excited feeling, sounds like you are having similar procedure to me.

if you have any questions please let me know & i'll try & answer.

Jac xxx