Orthognathic Surgery NHS UK

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suzyscientist

#16 Post by suzyscientist »

Sue - I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. As HelenUK said, you need to be resident for to qualify for NHS treatment, and even then there are huge waiting lists and there's no guarantee that whichever surgeon you saw would treat you anyway - they might not see it as surgically necessary. Good luck with your journey though, hope it works out for you.

S

sue

From US

#17 Post by sue »

[quote="suzyscientist"]Sue - I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. As HelenUK said, you need to be resident for to qualify for NHS treatment, and even then there are huge waiting lists and there's no guarantee that whichever surgeon you saw would treat you anyway - they might not see it as surgically necessary. Good luck with your journey though, hope it works out for you.

Thank you. I know it would be too hard now. I am just sad. I know it would still cost much. I never expected anything free. Just kind Dr.s

Regards, Sue

sue

Again I do not expect free surgery

#18 Post by sue »

I never meant I expect free surgery in the UK. I was just lied to here and now I have an open bite after 2 1/2 years in braces. I tried to function better and do all this. Thank you all. Sue

timetosmile

#19 Post by timetosmile »

Hi guys - glad to meet you all!

Revelvia, I know you are not supposed to move during treatment, but sometimes peoples circumstances change. Is your move permanent or temporary? Kent is not too far from London to travel for appointments. You get metal braces on the NHS but can choose different coloured elastics at each adjustment.
Helenuk, hi! my first week in braces has been fine, I've continued my blog on the stories page - I look forward to hearing all about your experiences too.
Superflyguy - Congrats, so glad to hear you have had a positive experience in hospital, must be worse for you considering its a bit of a 'busmans holiday' and you also know what go's on behind the scenes - I hope your recovery is swift :D x
Better late than never !