post surgery bump on upper jaw/gumline

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lacrosse Mom

post surgery bump on upper jaw/gumline

#1 Post by Lacrosse Mom »

Hi there,

I had a Lefort 1 in July of 09. Everything has been great. In the last few days I notice a bump on the upper part of my gum. It's kind of annoying and thought it might be a canker (sp?) sore. When I went to my ortho for an adjustment on my braces he said he thinks it might be one of plates sticking out. I was a little freaked out. He said I need to make an appointmen ith my oral surgeon. Has anyone experienced this? Do I need to be concerned?

Thanks in advance

chipmunkcheeks

bumps on upper gum line

#2 Post by chipmunkcheeks »

no need for alarm...i had a lefort I as well in 2008 and up at the top of my gumline where my gum meets my lip tissue, there are two bumps that i can see and feel something hard. its probably just scar tissue that has grown around the screws, because i had the same situation on my lower jaw from my bsso, however, you could see the bump through my flesh when i opened my mouth so i had it removed. since the other two on myupper jaw are concealed and only i can feel them/know about them i havent bothered to care too much about it. iwouldnt panic too much. if it makes you feel better see your surgeon