SARPE question

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hyrule

SARPE question

#1 Post by Hyrule »

Hi everyone as you know i got SARPE surgery a couple of days ago. I`ve start turning the hyrax but i have the odd impression looking at my mouth that one side is moving more that the other. The left side has moved more to the left compared to the right Is this possible ? Otherwise i will have to ask my orthodontis this week.

rizomona

expansion

#2 Post by rizomona »

That is happening to me too. Also I was expanding too fast 4 turns a day and now a piece of bone is coming out of my palate. Going to surgeon tomorrow, he said too fast causes the bone to die and come out. freaking out. What did the ortho say?
Angela

chicago29

#3 Post by chicago29 »

Uneven expansion needs to be detected ASAP...Get to your surgeon immediately.

Chances are it is just your interpretation and it is probably caused by the way you are viewing your teeth (trust me, I've been there and we always see the worst possible scenario). The position of your TEETH is not of concern...that will be corrected.

Uneven expansion is pretty rare from what I understand, especially given the precision that goes into the expanders that are made these days.

Good Luck, and keep us posted!

-Chicago29

Hyrule

#4 Post by Hyrule »

well nothing i didnt ask. I only do 1 turn per days as asked by my ortho. Actually i cannot really tell if my mouth is expanding on both side since my lower jaw teeths are not perfecly even on both side. One side is more tipped inward than the other giving me the impression of unequal expansion. but if i use my nasal sceptum as center the gap is actually dead center. My teeths are so uneven that i cannot say really. My first impression was that it was uneven but after looking carefully at my teeth is look like it's ok.

rizomona

FU

#5 Post by rizomona »

Went to surgeon he gave me two shots which hurt more than anything else I have had done. Then he cut the bone off and stitched me up. Then went to ortho and he was shocked at how fast and how big my gap was, he decided to stop expansion and slow it to one turn a day after palate heals from the stitches, he also added a spring to close the gap some as it is huge. Thanks for you guys insight.
Angela