Braces again???

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mikeups1278

Braces again???

#1 Post by mikeups1278 »

My ortho did a horrible job with my teeth. There still angled instead of being straight. After this I'm not going to wasted another Three grand or so on this stuff again. I am PO'd! I think these doctors don't care about you, all they care about is your money! Agreed?

James0099

#2 Post by James0099 »

I can't agree, my doctors have been great with me and have been doing a great job so far so no I can not agree that they don't care and are all about the money.

Sorry that you had such a bad experience.

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

I don't agree at all.

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I'm with the other two, I don't agree that they are after your money and not your bite being corrected. After doing some research on my previous orthodontist I should have gone with someone else due to the fact that there qualifications were not up to par. But as for do they just want your money. That's false.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

WiredRunner

#5 Post by WiredRunner »

If you had asked me this two years ago I would have agreed with you. I had a VERY bad experience with a dentist who did some very shoddy work (costing me lots of money/time/pain and two teeth). Luckily I found a great orthodontist who referred me to a wonderful periodontist who then referred me to an great general dentist. All three communicate regularly; I never have to tell any of them what's happening with my other dentists - same with my surgeon, too. I've never felt so comfortable and cared for by dental professionals. I trust them all completely.
Braced December 14, 2009
Debraced November 9, 2011

Schnapple

#6 Post by Schnapple »

I am in the same position. I am being treated by an orthodontist who I find to be very money-motivated. I am in more pain, discomfort, a bite that does not even fit together no longer and far worse than I was initially.

It is a very unfortunate position to be in. I have approached by dentist who repeatedly tells me that I should speak to the orthodontist who is dealing with me. Therefore, it goes back to the orthodontist each time.

:cry: