Surgery in Costa rica

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yvonner1991

Surgery in Costa rica

#1 Post by yvonner1991 »

Hello, this is my first post, and I'm glad theres so much information on corrective jaw surgery at this site, because i am dieing to get it done. I have had an underbite throughout my life and people have always said i have an ugly smile or ask me why i push my jaw forward etc. Even my dentist laughed at my bite and asked if it was my real smile. It makes my face look very masculine and I think getting this surgery would boost my self-confidence ALOT.

I just got my first job at a fast food restraunt and am going to save up until i have enough for the surgery & braces.
I put in the title Costa Rica' because I was thinking of getting my surgery in another country so it's cheaper. I read on this forum people who have gotten their surgery in Costa Rica, anyone know a doctor?
I emailed about 7 surgeons but none of them replied to my questions..im not sure why.

I'm posting a picture of my bite and am hoping if anyone on here has information about Doctors in other countries such at costa rica, or anywhere where it's less expensive!

Also, do they actually put metal screws in your jaw? Will that be permanent?

Thanks everyone. Image

shanalouis

#2 Post by shanalouis »

did u try dr. reiche...he's in costa rica. a few people here have went to him....... :)

yvonner1991

#3 Post by yvonner1991 »

Thanks! Yes, I have read about hin and another Dr., Dr. Andres Velasquez (? i think).

I'm curious, Do people get their braces done by the person who is suppost to do their jaw surgery? Or do you need a separate dentist for that in the USA?

shanalouis

#4 Post by shanalouis »

you would have to see an orthodontist for braces.............. :)

its two separate things...

shanalouis

#5 Post by shanalouis »

you wear your braces usually 1-3 years before surgery........... :wink: :)

sadpanda

#6 Post by sadpanda »

Just wanted to let you know that you have really nice teeth. I see that your bite needs to be corrected, but you actually have a nice smile and I don't see why people would laugh at it. Good luck with everything. Maybe you won't have to wear braces that long before surgery. :)

sadpanda

#7 Post by sadpanda »

Forgot - I know you'd be going there for surgery, but I lived in Costa Rica for a while and it's a really nice country. Well, it helps if you know Spanish. Anyway, if you have the time before surgery, tour the country a bit. :D

Rizzie

#8 Post by Rizzie »

Try doing a searching posts by Ozzysmom. She had surgery in Costa Rica and has posted a lot of helpful information.

yvonner1991

#9 Post by yvonner1991 »

How do i contact Dr. Andres fernandez (sp?)
Theres alot of fake web sites of him...how do i contact surgeons in costa rica..i want to get this done asap!

Christina28

costa rica

#10 Post by Christina28 »

Don't know if this will go through, but this is website for clinic Dr Reich is at. If link does not post, searhc for clinica unibe.
http://www.clinicaunibe.com

shanalouis

#11 Post by shanalouis »

...............[url]www.costaricanewlook.com[/url].............. :lol: dr.oscar reiche............. :oops:

yvonner1991

#12 Post by yvonner1991 »

thanks so much! :)

OzzysMom

#13 Post by OzzysMom »

Yes, my surgery was at Clinica Unibe with Dr Reiche.
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

IWantNewSmile

#14 Post by IWantNewSmile »

Hi Ozzysmom I left you a private message, I hope that you can reply. Thanks.[/b]