cheeks

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

myp

cheeks

#1 Post by myp »

Wondering if anyone here had their cheeks "filled in" a little during surgery? My surgeon suggested this because he said I had flat cheeks and I agreed to make it happen because I didn't think it wouldn't make a huge difference in my appearance. Now, 6 weeks post-op, I'm regretting my decision. I can't tell if my cheeks are chubby (just in the cheekbone area) due to residual swelling or if it's how he's changed my cheeks. Anyone else agree to have their cheeks filled in a bit?

Christina28

Re: cheeks

#2 Post by Christina28 »

I'm not sure what you mean by "filled in". Do you mean cheekbone augmentations? If this is what was done, it could alter your appearance, how much would depend on the amount of augmentation. However, at 6 weeks post op, I think you are probably still seeing a lot of swelling. I'd give it some additional time. One thing I found helpful, was asking for copy of operative report, this way you can see in black/white what was done in surgery. This might answer some questions as well as talking to surgeon of course.

myp

Re: cheeks

#3 Post by myp »

Thanks for your response! I actually really don't know what I mean, but asking my surgeon for details or for the operative report is a great idea. And I hope you're right about the swelling... I would love to see the cheeks come down some more. Thanks again, this 4-6 week post-op period has been so emotionally up and down!