December Buddies ................

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

badbite

Re: December Buddies ................

#61 Post by badbite »

At this point I'd say all the swelling and pain is pretty much gone, and there is just a faint bruise which should be gone in the next day or two. All in all the surgery is a lot easier than I expected it would be, so I'm happy about that. Now to keep up the calories as I just got back to college today and no longer have my mum to cater to me.
That is great to hear! I feel great to and also think the surgery was much easier than expected. I think my SARPE had a more diffucult recovery, but both were not bad at all. I can't wait to try out my new bite either.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

bracedfaced

#62 Post by bracedfaced »

RyanND wrote:jsb350 - I have been taking it as a pill supplement and it didnt hurt at all thats for sure. I'll be at week 3 as of tuesday and I feel AWESOME. I cant wait for week 6 to chomp into some food and try out my new bite!

At this point I'd say all the swelling and pain is pretty much gone, and there is just a faint bruise which should be gone in the next day or two. All in all the surgery is a lot easier than I expected it would be, so I'm happy about that. Now to keep up the calories as I just got back to college today and no longer have my mum to cater to me.
So glad to hear your recovery has been so much better than expected! Keeps me optimistic when my time comes in May! :-)

hduggan

#63 Post by hduggan »

My son got his splint off yesterday and is heading back to college this morning.

I wanted to post his before and after pics.

The before pic is before he had his braces on, and, yes, his mouth is closed as much as he can close it (although he used to pull his lips together so that you couldn't tell that his mouth didn't quite close).

And here's the after (still a little puffy in the cheeks).

badbite

#64 Post by badbite »

Hi everyone, I am officially five weeks post-op today. I had a bad thing happen. My lower left molar (the one with an anchor band) crown came off. I was eating cheese and I felt it move, so I wiggled the band and the whole crown came off. I had to go to the ortho and have the wore cut and the band removed. Now I have to wait two days to go the the dentist who can hopefully just glue it back on, but there is a brown spot (which was under the band). So if that is a cavity or if the crown margins are off, I will have to get a whole new crown before I can continue with my orthodontics.

Boy oh boy, if it sin't one thing its another , huh?

Beside that I feel great and my bite is awesome!!!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
RPE out on May 14, 2008

hduggan

#65 Post by hduggan »

Sorry to hear that, badbite. Sounds like they'll be able to fix it up and get you back on the road, but it's always a drag to deal with this kind of stuff.

badbite

#66 Post by badbite »

I got my crown glued back on....no cavity but it does have a leaky margin the dentist said we can wait until after the braces come off to fix. I will have so much dental work to get done when theses things come off!!!!

The good thing is that FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME a hygenist said I have beautiful teeth. :D

Hope you all are doing well!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
RPE out on May 14, 2008

badbite

#67 Post by badbite »

I went for my first ortho visit today since the surgery and he said things look great. I am getting my braces off in 2 weeks!!!!

I have to get s splint though so I hope that isn't too bad.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
RPE out on May 14, 2008

JawFacee

#68 Post by JawFacee »

That's wonderful news badbite!

Shouldn't your name now be 'goodbite'? :D

badbite

#69 Post by badbite »

JawFacee wrote:That's wonderful news badbite!

Shouldn't your name now be 'goodbite'? :D
Maybe "greatbite" :)

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
RPE out on May 14, 2008

jsb350

#70 Post by jsb350 »

badbite, that's great news! I'm surprised you get your braces removed so soon. I think many of us wear braces for at least 6 months post-op!

Great to hear everyone is doing so well.

hduggan

#71 Post by hduggan »

So, a question for the December folk. My son is noticing some pain in his chin when he yawns or sometimes when he talks. He's just started chewing soft stuff, and he's 7 weeks out. He had a genioplasty along with a LeFort.

I'm assuming this is just muscle stuff/his jaw un-numbing, but I thought I'd check.

hduggan

#72 Post by hduggan »

So, my son had his 3 month visit today. Everything is going great - no pain or discomfort, eating normally, and looking really, really good. His surgeon was really pleased with the results. They took a few photographs and asked him to come back once his braces are off (within the next 6 months).

For us, other then one crummy night after he was released from the hospital, the recovery has been very easy.

I'll try to post photos from this visit.