Zip n Squeeze Now Available at DentaKit.com

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracedfaced

#1 Post by bracedfaced »

I know a lot of surgery patients were using the Zip n Squeeze bag during recovery. Anyone know of a good alternative? Is some sort of device even really necessary?

bracedfaced

Re: Zip n Squeeze Now Available at DentaKit.com

#2 Post by bracedfaced »

Thanks guys! I was thinking about buying a syringe and the squeeze bottle, just to be on the safe side, because they are cheap enough.

I was also thinking about buying the headwrap with gel packs. Anyone use them and find them useful? Or can I assume I will be sent home from the hospital with one?

rtxtavi02

Re: Zip n Squeeze Now Available at DentaKit.com

#3 Post by rtxtavi02 »

bracedfaced wrote:Thanks guys! I was thinking about buying a syringe and the squeeze bottle, just to be on the safe side, because they are cheap enough.

I was also thinking about buying the headwrap with gel packs. Anyone use them and find them useful? Or can I assume I will be sent home from the hospital with one?
Not sure if this is still useful information for you (if you have had surgery already or not), but I was told by the surgeon that is was only necessary to ice for the first 48-72 hours after surgery, then to use warm moist towels and motrin to combat the swelling and inflammation. So this is what I did and my swelling seemed to come down A LOT by the end of week two. I really only have swelling a little in my cheeks and still quite a bit in my upper lip where a lot of the incisions were.
Jan 1998 - 4 Teeth Removed
May 1998 - Braces 1st Time (surgery recommended)
June 2000 - Wisdom Teeth Removed (crowded lower palate)
Dec 2008 - Braces 2nd Time (surgery recommended again)
June 2009 - Bottom Palate Expander
Mar 2011 - Lefort 1 (forward 5.5 mm with malar implants/bone grafting)

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

DentaKit.com now carries Zip N Squeeze bags! Here is a link to the product pages for Zip-n-Squeeze and other products for jaw surgery:

http://www.dentakit.com/prforjawsu.html

http://www.dentakit.com/zipnsqueeze.html

DentaKit.com will also soon be carrying facial jaw ice packs and squeeze bottles for jaw surgery, as well.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!