SARPE picture progress.. I still hate this gap 4 month later

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DivaDeuce007

Re: SARPE picture progress.. I still hate this gap 4 month l

#31 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Minerva wrote:Thanks for the new pictures. The gap does seem to be getting smaller

albeit slowly. Are you in pain?

no pain at all. Its just there. :-\

Minerva

#32 Post by Minerva »

That's good.

Hang in there. Other than the gap, things are looking very pretty :wink:

DivaDeuce007

#33 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Minerva wrote:That's good.

Hang in there. Other than the gap, things are looking very pretty :wink:

Thanks so much. I deg agree. If it wasn't for my 1 front tooth things would be moving more. But it was pushing out the gum and my ortho is taking everything really slow now. Just makes me sad cuz everyone else doesn't seem to have these issues. But I'm trying to be positive.

Super Smile

#34 Post by Super Smile »

Thanks for sharing those pics. I had SARPE about a year ago, but my expansion was not as much as yours. It is anoying while that gap is there. But just remember that it's only going to be there for a short while and then you are going to have an awesome smile!

Minerva

#35 Post by Minerva »

Did things go smoothly for you, Super Smile?

surusuru

#36 Post by surusuru »

I cannot see the pictures cause i'm new in the forum, so I would ask you how many days did you have your cheeks and upper jaw swollen. I had SARPE past september 16th (i'm in day 10 post op) and today i'm still swollen and i don't know if that's normal or not. Almost videos in youtube i saw, people looks well about the first week of post op...

DivaDeuce007

#37 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

surusuru wrote:I cannot see the pictures cause i'm new in the forum, so I would ask you how many days did you have your cheeks and upper jaw swollen. I had SARPE past september 16th (i'm in day 10 post op) and today i'm still swollen and i don't know if that's normal or not. Almost videos in youtube i saw, people looks well about the first week of post op...
I want to say I wad swollen for almost 3 months... The worst of it was over after about 3 weeks. Check my YouTube divadeuce007 I've been pretty good about documenting my journey...

surusuru

#38 Post by surusuru »

Thank you. Watching ur videos now.

DivaDeuce007

#39 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Hi you all! I just wanted to check in to let you know the reason for my absence is because there has been nothing to update. Other than the fact that I got a different top wire. No movement. Gap is still 8mm and Nothing has been going on because of this Tight front tooth still looking like it is pushing thru my gums.... 6 months in my top braces and 7 in my lower braces and we have been in a stand still since July. Great!

Minerva

#40 Post by Minerva »

Ouch! That must be so frustating :?

Are the experts saying much, or are they just telling you to wait a bit longer?

DivaDeuce007

#41 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

They don't know what to do. This is a 1st for them both. My ortho is being very gentle (which means everthing is going 10x slower) so that the tooth doesnt push thru the gum or end up with nerve damage. It's very frustrating. No one has real answers. We are just going visit by visit at this point.

DivaDeuce007

#42 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Had another Ortho appt... I have two wires and steal rods (i believe) at the top.... this wasnt the original plan for today... but the ortho wants to try kinda forcing this top right tooth back into the gum while he begins to start the process of closing my gap again. I came home today to .5mm worth of movement so far! Next appt in a month... gonna pray for at least another .5mm in movement by Dec 13! In the meantime Enjoy the pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DivaDeuce007

#43 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

more pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

awags

#44 Post by awags »

I had this done and it was absolutely miserable! The surgery itself wasn't THAT bad... it was the miserable gap between my two front teeth and the speech problems I had as a result of the gap/appliance. Now that it's been a good year and a half since SARPE and everything has come back together so nicely, I am glad I had it done!

DivaDeuce007

#45 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

awags wrote:I had this done and it was absolutely miserable! The surgery itself wasn't THAT bad... it was the miserable gap between my two front teeth and the speech problems I had as a result of the gap/appliance. Now that it's been a good year and a half since SARPE and everything has come back together so nicely, I am glad I had it done!

That is how I feel even though my gap isn't closed yet lol