How long did you wait to hear back from insurance?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jaimietez

How long did you wait to hear back from insurance?

#1 Post by Jaimietez »

I was told by my surgeons office that it could take 8-16 weeks to hear back from my insurance concerning if my surgery is proapproved or not. I have BCBS of Texas. I was curious of others experience as far as the wait to hear back. I tend to be very impatient so this could be torture for me. +\+

SLiM2590

Re: How long did you wait to hear back from insurance?

#2 Post by SLiM2590 »

Wow, that's a long time. From the time my physician wrote the letter, it was about 3 weeks. I have BCBS but I'm in PA. The wait IS torture :D

kefcorp

#3 Post by kefcorp »

It only took two weeks, but we filed an appeal (which failed), so it took longer. Guess it depends on where in the country you are.

deepbeep

#4 Post by deepbeep »

Mine took forever. I got first letter saying they cover it after a month. Then it took another 2 months to finally approve it. My surgeon's office was calling them every week. So, 3 months altogether.

Jaimietez

#5 Post by Jaimietez »

Thank you all for commenting. I am hoping they gave me the worse case scenario, but we'll see. I have an open bite and TMJ, so I feel confident that my insurance will come back approving it. I hope so anyway. I read that my insurance pays for surgery for TMJ. Time will tell...... I am 100% ready to be on the other side of this surgery already:)