HOW TO PAY FOR SURGERY

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bekabb21

HOW TO PAY FOR SURGERY

#1 Post by bekabb21 »

Hello everyone I'm sharing my dilemma because I stuck as of right now and need alternatives because no one seems to want to be helpful around me. So have braces which are already being paid for through medicaid because I applied before I turned 21 when I was still receiving universal benefits. Well I turned 21 this past summer when this happened my universal benefits were taken from me and now I am under family planning medicaid which covers NOTHING except birth control, one annual, and pregnancy. I have a class 3 under bite that needs to be corrected and my orthodontist failed to tell me that I had to file a separate claim for my surgery because I looked it up and have been doing all of this on my own so I didn't know everything. well now I have the places the damage is irreversible and I'm reaching the point where I need my extractions done and surgery scheduled during the summer time!!!
I have looked into insurance but all of the ones I've called do not accept pre-existing conditions that could potentially lead to surgery :roll: so now I am asking anyone who has gone through what I am now experiencing how they found a way around this.

my VERY LAST option is to pay out of pocket because I Support my self fully have my own place two jobs and starting school full time next semester so I cannot really afford it max I could shell out is prob 3500-5000

WHAT SHOULD I DO???? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

mksi11

Re: HOW TO PAY FOR SURGERY

#2 Post by mksi11 »

You need to look into their policies on pre-existing conditions. Most of them will still cover you if you had at least a year of coverage under a previous policy. You should call them and ask about this specifically, because they won't tell you otherwise. Also look into other public insurance and assistance. Worst case you need to set up a payment plan with your surgeon. That's all I can think of, I hope it helps.

bekabb21

#3 Post by bekabb21 »

[quote="mksi11"]You need to look into their policies on pre-existing conditions. Most of them will still cover you if you had at least a year of coverage under a previous policy. You should call them and ask about this specifically, because they won't tell you otherwise. Also look into other public insurance and assistance. Worst case you need to set up a payment plan with your surgeon. That's all I can think of, I hope it helps.[/quote]
thanks for your help I'm in the process of doing so right now and it's nearly impossible to find insurance that will cover preexisting conditions.

mksi11

#4 Post by mksi11 »

Good luck, just remember none of them will cover pre-existing conditions, but if you were covered under a different policy most of them won't consider it a pre-existing condition. They won't tell you this unless you ask. Does that make sense?