Voice Changes

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheDude

Voice Changes

#1 Post by TheDude »

Hi,

I am currently waiting to get double jaw surgery for my underbite.

I sing and play the guitar and can sing okay but I feel like I can't project my voice very well and I'm hoping that when I get the surgery I will be able to sing louder and clearer than before.

I was wondering if any one who has had the surgery, noticed any changes in their voice?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Voice Changes

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

If anything it will sound better as far as announciation. I mean I have just braces and noticed that singing is clearer when I pronounce words, that it was when I had a hUGE overbite.
Jenn Medeiros

surusuru

#3 Post by surusuru »

I have the same problem. I play guitar and i would sing but i can't because of my open bite. I'm waiting for my surgery! I think that when you have fixed your bite, our muscles will work well, relaxed, so is logial that the voice skills improves a lot.

TheDude

#4 Post by TheDude »

Thanks for the replies :D

Yes I hope to be able to pronounce words more clearly because my voice sounds quite nasally at the minute and I get asked if I have a cold even if I don't lol

Can't wait to get the surgery over with, I know there is a good voice in me it just cant get out at the minute :lol:

surusuru

#5 Post by surusuru »

Yeah! I fell the same thing, I know i could sing OK, but at the moment i can't do it because of the bio-mechanical misalignment.