osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashton

osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)

#1 Post by ashton »

Has anyone heard of this (osteonecrosis of the jaw) ...how is it diagnosed for certain? I have had 2 orthognathic surgeries, and my face is more assymetric than before...due to TMJ resorption. I was also just wondering if part of the problem could be ONJ, but just not sure who to consult, or how it is diagnosed.
thanks

bbsadmin

Re: osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

It is more likely to happen to you if you have been taking Bisphosphonate drugs for osteoporosis.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

If you had ONJ, you'd probably know. I believe it's responsible for otherwise-unexplained jaw fractures. I don't think it's been implicated in TMJ. (Well, I suppose ONJ could "pick" on your Condyle instead of another part of your jaw, but this would be really obvious on an x-ray I'd think.)

surusuru

#4 Post by surusuru »

I don't know but may be, reading that you are worse than before surgeries, it will help you.
This italian guy (he was a single patient of malocclusion as we are now) created a system with bites/splints to achieve a lot of problems including TMJ's.
Follow the link. www.occlusionegravita.it

Amanda6

#5 Post by Amanda6 »

surusuru wrote:I don't know but may be, reading that you are worse than before surgeries, it will help you.
This italian guy (he was a single patient of malocclusion as we are now) created a system with bites/splints to achieve a lot of problems including TMJ's.
Follow the link. http://www.occlusionegravita.it
Hi surusuru,
Have you had treatment with the splint system on the website you have posted? I'm just wondering how much you know about it. Are you Italian?

surusuru

#6 Post by surusuru »

Not yet. But I'm very confident with these treatment. I read a lot of information (I have a looong journey regarding to TMJ and occlusal issues) and definitely that's the most original, interesting and convincent treatment. You know, the man IS NOT a physician or orthodontist, he was a patient, and he studied and managed to create this system. Check out the facebook for more information.
(Sorry, I just read your reply cause I was a few months out of here). AAh..I'm not italian. I'm from Argentina.