Surgery with Gunson

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

treevernal

Re: Surgery with Gunson

#16 Post by treevernal »

I remember seeing that female before/after you just posted in their office at my initial consult. She looks incredible.

CaliforniaKid

#17 Post by CaliforniaKid »

ReoSity wrote:
CaliforniaKid wrote:definitely looks liike arnett's work. man i hope there isn't a huge difference between him and gunson.
I wouldn't worry about it, they generally operate together and Gunson is clearly just as talented or else Arnett wouldn't have chosen him as his partner.
i was told gunson and arnett don't work together in surgery, though sometimes they run ideas between each other.

the assistant basically said the same thing you did, but she spoke like a salesperson even though i believed most of what she said.

there were like 300 before/after photos in the consultation room. blew my mind, but it the pictures didn't include who was actually behind the surgery. arnett and gunson must have slightly different methods?

Marisama

#18 Post by Marisama »

I was told they will both be doing my surgery. Gunson will be the lead role and Arnett the assistant.

CaliforniaKid

#19 Post by CaliforniaKid »

are you sure about that? my financial estimate lists a surgical assistant, but not another surgeon.

i could have sworn the medical assistant saying arnett/gunson don't do surgeries together, but often look at the same patient before and after.

are you paying extra? i know arnett is a little more than gunson.

asmileconnectsus

#20 Post by asmileconnectsus »

When they did my surgery Gunson was the lead surgeon and Arnett was the "Assistant" listed. They work together during every surgery.

CaliforniaKid

#21 Post by CaliforniaKid »

well they must have changed their policy because i recall during the consultation arnett/gunson and the assistant (lena) were very explicit. i know gunson does more surgeries than arnett because arnett is often doing speaking engagements/medical lectures.

your surgical deposit listed arnett as the assist? both were present during your op?

treevernal

#22 Post by treevernal »

I believe the "assistant/2nd surgeon" and the "surgical assistant" are two completely different people. Your surgical assistant is the one who walked you through your initial consult (i.e. Lena, Kim, etc.) and the 2nd surgeon is Arnett if Gunson is leading and Gunson if Arnett is leading. This is my understanding anyway.

Btw, does anyone know who "Tamborello" is? His name is often listed alongside Arnett/Gunson as part of their practice but I never hear anything about him (or her)?

Summertimeolive

#23 Post by Summertimeolive »

I was just on the phone with Gunson yesterday bugging him with questions ha :) very nice guy.

From what I understood in my consult, is the same as CaliforniaKid, Gunson handles more of the surgical cases than Arnett since he is busy teaching, educating other practices, universities ect. I remember booking an consult for Gunson was like 2 months out and Arnett was almost 3-4... I was not aware or told that Arnett would be the 'assistant surgeon' to Gunson. They run ideas together before surgery, but operate independently.

Anyways those before and afters look great, I was trying to find more online and nothing, since I dont recall seeing too many while I was there..

I've spoken with a few of his patients and everyone sings high praises so that reassures me.

I also agree about the salesperson thing. :mrgreen:

CaliforniaKid

#24 Post by CaliforniaKid »

the consult room has about ~100 before/after photos plastered all over the wall in the consultation room like decorations lol. the website has a few before/after. you could probably email them and ask if they have any others available online.

the cool thing about the pictures is he has done pretty every kind of case out there. you'll definitely fine one or two pictures that closely match your features.

it's just more honest. it's really annoying when surgeons only have 2 or 3 of the *best* results and don't have any other examples.

crislopes

#25 Post by crislopes »

Hi there,

Does anyone have an e-mail address to contact Arnett/Gunson office? I'm from abroad and would like to book a consultation with them but on their website there is only a phone number.

crislopes

#26 Post by crislopes »

Hi RYANvaughn, I received a notification of a private message from you, thank you so much, but because Im new to this forum I don't have access to that yet :(
Is there another way for you to send this to me? I tried to add my e-mail but it doesn't allow me to either.
How much in advance you need to contact the office to have a consultation? I was hopping I could see them when Im on holidays next month. I already had an orthognathic + chin surgery 4 years ago which didn't turn out right so hopefully they can fix it, for what I could research so far , seems they are the best.

Im so glad I found this forum! you helped a lot already.

Cris

CaliforniaKid

#27 Post by CaliforniaKid »

you have to schedule several weeks in advance. arnett has a tighter schedule than gunson. it's probably best to call during regular hours.

Marisama

#28 Post by Marisama »

You need a certain number of posts before you have access to instant messages. I don't know the number of posts nor the reason behind that.

I simply said that your best bet is to just give the office a call during normal business hours.

They are expensive but I'm willing to pay more for quality care. Even with insurance, I'm looking at about $29k out of pocket.

znewton

#29 Post by znewton »

Hey Ryan,

What insurance do you have any how much did they agree to cover?

Thanks,
Zach

maxhammer

#30 Post by maxhammer »

has anyone had a bad experience with these guys? I see gunson for a consult on the 20th.

the one thing i notice in many after photos is how the nose changes. it's my biggest fear...more than the surgery. do they go over why this happens and the probability of it in your case during the consult? thanks.