June2013 buddies? Surgery on upper or both jaws

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chiara

Re: June2013 buddies? Surgery on upper or both jaws

#46 Post by Chiara »

hey June! I'm doing a little better everyday. My mom thinks my swelling peaked yesterday. My surgeon approved me for mushy food and said I look like I'm doing better than most. Just glad the hard parts are over. how are you doing? just a few more days for you and we'll be healing together :) do me a favor and eat something really chewy lol I'm missing eating meat really bad. keep us updated! I'm here if you need me!
Leforte I maxillary osteo and Genioplasty(Surgery date- June 5, 2013)
[/url]
[/url]

Chiara

#47 Post by Chiara »

Day six. still pretty swollen. still pretty weird looking in the mirror. still no feeling in my mouth and chin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leforte I maxillary osteo and Genioplasty(Surgery date- June 5, 2013)
[/url]
[/url]

jawpains62013

#48 Post by jawpains62013 »

I am a week post- op from my lower jaw surgery. I am doing good. I almost went back to the hospital because I have lost 12 pounds in 5 days but the last 2 days have been a complete 180! The surgeon put me on a soft food diet and I have been eating like crazy! I stopped taking my pain meds 3 days after because it made me feel weird so I am on ibuprofen now. I am one week post op!

June2013

#49 Post by June2013 »

That's great news!
I reacted badly to the pain beds all made me vomit
So all I was sent home with was paracetamol and ibuprofen
Still make me feel sick so I'm managing best I can with out them.
Soft foods? Sound amazing!
I'm on yogurt ( even this is a bit thick and needs washing down with water)
and thin soup.
Glad to hear your recovering well I'm still only two days out of hospital so hopefully ill start to feel better!

jawpains62013

#50 Post by jawpains62013 »

I was able to walk around walmart holding onto a buggy today! This is huge for me. My surgeon also gave me a glowing report and I won't have to go back for 2 weeks and I will be getting my splint out then!

DivaDeuce007

#51 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

I had double jaw surgery on June 14th. This was my 2nd jaw surgery (had a SARPE done in 2011. I had a lefort and lower jaw surgery done this time. It has been 10 days since the day I had the lefort and lower jaw surgery done and I am still VERY swollen.
I have been juicing whole pineapples to help with the swelling and sleeping as upright as my body allows it. And yes it looks a whole lot better now then it did then I just hope that my efforts are whats helping me keep the swelling at bay.
I finally returned to work this past Friday and have a post-op appointment with my surgeon on Monday. Where I hope to find out the date that I will be unwired (because I am completely wired over here!)..... Thank goodness I havent been hungry all week. I think the best thing I did was to eat as much as I could the two weeks leading up to my jaw surgery. I did gain 9lbs doing that but I have lost 15lbs since the surgery and im sure its not over.

How is everyone else doing? What did you all have? Are you about to have?