Double Jaw Surgery Progress Photos

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketBaring

Double Jaw Surgery Progress Photos

#1 Post by BracketBaring »

Maybe we can start a thread for just post-op photo progress. If anything, it may be comforting to prospective patients to know how quickly all that nasty swelling will subside. I'll start. Here's a collage of my first 3 weeks:

sharp

Re: Double Jaw Surgery Progress Photos

#2 Post by sharp »

How are you going with shaving?

I'm finding it takes me 4 times longer.

stunner

#3 Post by stunner »

Thank you for sharing those photos. It really, really helps those of us waiting for take-off clearance, you know?

RS732

#4 Post by RS732 »

I'm one week post-op. I hope, I get similar results. Your results looks great dude.

BracketBaring

#5 Post by BracketBaring »

Thanks guys. From the blogs I've read, it seems my swelling recovery is typical, maybe a little faster than most, but not much.

Sharp: I use an electric razor to shave, and haven't noticed it really taking much longer than usual.

Leebie3

#6 Post by Leebie3 »

yes please to the post-op photos thread!! ALL photos.. inside mouth too.. I wanna know EVERYTHING that I'm in for. ps: how soon could you drink coffee again? I'm a caffeine-oholic and dunno how long I'll be able to go without it! lol

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

BracketBaring

#7 Post by BracketBaring »

I drank coffee the day after surgery, using the syringe (it still tasted great). It's not practical to drink from a cup when your lips are swollen 4x their normal size, and numb. I started drinking coffee from a cup about 2-3 weeks post-op.