Where can I get 'surgery supplies' from in the UK??

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oimysizex

Where can I get 'surgery supplies' from in the UK??

#1 Post by oimysizex »

I want to start preparing things in advance so I am totally prepared for what is about to come. I have bought a baby toothbrush and a few cooling pads, but I am just wondering if I can buy stuff like jaw bras and other things in the UK cannot find anything that other members have described

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

sirwired

Re: Where can I get 'surgery supplies' from in the UK??

#2 Post by sirwired »

For a "jaw bra" I didn't use anything fancy, just an elastic bandage that my wife sewed together (so we didn't have to worry about the stupid clips popping off.)

I don't recall buying anything for my surgery that you couldn't get at a typical drugstore or grocery store.

sunnyD

#3 Post by sunnyD »

My wife stocked on a lot of things for my surgery but to be honest the only things I used are:

-syringe for feeding during the first week
-baby tooth brush
-blender

I never really iced or used heat pads my swelling went down after a week. But I guess every case is different??

Tingrinteacher

#4 Post by Tingrinteacher »

I didn't use a jaw bra, but I got some long cold/hot pads from amazon amd tied them round my head using a muslin cloth (pack of five, £4 from Asda)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... UTF8&psc=1

The hospital will give you syringes for your medicine, but they are only small, so not great for food. I recommend Frijj milkshakes, and copella apple juice as they come in lots of different varieties. Actimel yoghurt drinks are good to take with the ibruprofen as they seem to line your stomach quite well! Try and drink out of a cup as soon as you can; it will go everywhere, but once you've cracked the cup, the food is much easier. Square plastic beakers are good too, but a pain to find. However, look in wilkinsons etc for a plastic toothbrush holder/beaker for the bathroom-they aren't classy, but tend to be square.

In your local supermarket, look for paracetemol and ibruprofen tablets (own brand) which are coated-they slide down much easier.

Hth,

Gem xx