Anyone who has had genioplasty advice please!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pinkberry

Anyone who has had genioplasty advice please!

#1 Post by Pinkberry »

I have genioplasty 3 months ago and one side (left) seems to be lower than the other. On this side the BONE also doesn't feel as connected as the other side (I can physically feel a notch on this side and not the other). Did anyone else have post genioplasty asymmetry that went away in time? How long did it take? I am really nervous right now as my surgeon just say it looks fine and say no one is going to notice a little asymmetry but it really bothers me. He also says it may correct itself. I want to know if anyone else has had experiences of asymmetry going away after genioplasty.

shennalicious

Re: Anyone who has had genioplasty advice please!

#2 Post by shennalicious »

Hello,
Sorry that I cannot help you. My surgery will include genioplasty, but it is a few months away.

Anyway, I have heard that ridges cant take up to six months to disappear. Wait it out and take it from there. Hopefully, once the swelling subsides the facial structure will settle into place, too.

Pinkberry

#3 Post by Pinkberry »

shennalicious wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry that I cannot help you. My surgery will include genioplasty, but it is a few
> months away.
>
> Anyway, I have heard that ridges cant take up to six months to disappear. Wait it
> out and take it from there. Hopefully, once the swelling subsides the facial structure
> will settle into place, too.
shennalicious wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry that I cannot help you. My surgery will include genioplasty, but it is a few
> months away.
>
> Anyway, I have heard that ridges cant take up to six months to disappear. Wait it
> out and take it from there. Hopefully, once the swelling subsides the facial structure
> will settle into place, too.

Hi thanks so much for replying! I am going to do just that. Unfortunately It's bone I feel that is lower on one side than the other rather than tissue. Does the notches disappearing mean that bone can move for up to 6 months? I am really hoping there is a chance things will level out.

Noella

#4 Post by Noella »

I had genioplasty 11 weeks ago. I noticed major notching that I could feel and it really bothered me but its defiantly healing and going away with time. It's hard to not obsess about it at first, I still do even.

shennalicious

#5 Post by shennalicious »

Just had my surgery. I am going through the same thing. I'm not sweating it, though. it looks good, and other people describe the the same thing. How did yours turn out?

Sashy

#6 Post by Sashy »

I have just had a genioplasty and my chin is swollen and looks enourmous. I hope the swelling will go down.

sunnyD

#7 Post by sunnyD »

Hi I'm about 3 months too and my right side looks a bit lower in photographs but nothing to bother too much. I'll let you know if mine goes away at the 6month work but I have a feeling it probably won't.
Pinkberry wrote:I have genioplasty 3 months ago and one side (left) seems to be lower than the other. On this side the BONE also doesn't feel as connected as the other side (I can physically feel a notch on this side and not the other). Did anyone else have post genioplasty asymmetry that went away in time? How long did it take? I am really nervous right now as my surgeon just say it looks fine and say no one is going to notice a little asymmetry but it really bothers me. He also says it may correct itself. I want to know if anyone else has had experiences of asymmetry going away after genioplasty.

Rockhead

#8 Post by Rockhead »

I'd like to know who your max fax were that performed the genioplasty. I'm looking for one currently.

Thanks and much appreciated.