Excess saliva/ underbite?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sydneysurgery

Excess saliva/ underbite?

#1 Post by sydneysurgery »

I have an underbite, and have always attributed my builds ups of excess saliva to it. Do other people experience this, or know if there is a possible correlation between the two? I'm my surgery in 10 days will fix the problem!

Ilokaners

Re: Excess saliva/ underbite?

#2 Post by Ilokaners »

I have an underbite as well and I tend to drool when I sleep. I hate it but have learned to close my mouth as I sleep. Also, when I'm awake, I randomly drool as I'm talking. I feel your pain!

oimysizex

#3 Post by oimysizex »

I have an underbite and I drool all the time and always get a build up of saliva

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Leebie3

#4 Post by Leebie3 »

I have an OVERbite and dribble lol more so since they've made it worse before surgery!

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

scraggy

#5 Post by scraggy »

I had a overbite. And drooled all the time all I had to do was turn my head to the side and it happened. Also it happened when I was sleep. But about one week after my surgery it all stop.

It' no longer happens, so hopefully your all be the same.

DisneyNerd

#6 Post by DisneyNerd »

I have an overbite, and have had problems with drooling all my life. (I even drooled in front of my date today, very embarrassing! But he shouldn't have made me laugh so hard, so it's his fault! XD) But since having the braces, I haven't drooled as much.

survenant

#7 Post by survenant »

I had an underbite and long face syndrome and I used to drool a lot in my sleep.

But after the surgery and after the swelling has gone down, I never drool in my sleep anymore.

Dureena

#8 Post by Dureena »

I've also got an underbite and tend to drool, particulary in my sleep. Few issues with mumbling as well but not sure if that's physiological or psychology.