Loose, saggy skin after bimax surgery 3months post

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EDL85

Re: Loose, saggy skin after bimax surgery 3months post

#16 Post by EDL85 »

Hi Mandy22 and CathyHW,

I am having the same problem as far as fat under the chin that's not fat--I am actually very slender, about 115 pounds, and at first I thought it was just swelling from the sliding genioplasty (I also had the upper jaw moved up and the lower jaw rotated forward). However, at 4 weeks-plus it doesn't seem like swelling at all (though I know it takes a long time for your face to settle). However, the area is very soft and malleable, and it looks like a double chin no matter how I position my face. When I smile, it looks even worse.

I'm trying to be positive about it, but if I had known my neck/chin was going to look like this, I would have kept the open bite, because I was very confident before.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else had this issue and if it was resolved--and if so, how they fixed it!

Thanks and best of luck with your healing. :)

ticktickatick

Re: Loose, saggy skin after bimax surgery 3months post

#17 Post by ticktickatick »

Mandy22 wrote:Hi

I had a high le fort 1 surgery in Dec. My jaws were moved forward 9mm, cephalometric analysis showed 6mm deficiency. The skin on my face is very loose now, i have a double chin that is not fat and also the skin on my neck is loose. I mean my neck was not swollen as far as I know. I am only 26. I just do not know what on earth happened to my face. And my face just looks a lot bigger than before. I am seriously freaking out right now since i am not seeing any progression towards more tight skin on my face.
I had facial hypoplasia and decided to fix this with surgery. I had pretty chubby face before, but now, i look awful.
I know people hate to hear this, but it is probably swelling.

I experienced the same thing. I thought my swelling was gone and was pretty depressed about how my face looked. I also have full Angelina Jolie type lips. They have completely come back. I am 6 months out though and I'm STILL noticing some swelling disappear.