Cost for surgery for 2 impacted canine teeth? Canadian Insu?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stacey_Braces

Cost for surgery for 2 impacted canine teeth? Canadian Insu?

#1 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Hi Everyone,

I have a consultation for surgery to have my two upper cannine teeth exposed.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this done and what the cost was?
I just want to have some kind of idea of what to expect before I go in for the consult...

For those of you who are Canadian, did the insurance company cover any of it? I'm with Manulife.

Also, how was this surgery? Was it painful?

Thanks for your help!

missing_tooth

#2 Post by missing_tooth »

Here on the west coast in washington, the cost of surgery and one implant is 2,000. That's currently about 2300 canadian. However implants usually involve bone grafting. I'm told it's around an additional 1,000 for that. I'm making an appointment to find out specifics though.

Just plan on several thousand. One thing to note is most surgeons want full payment upfront. Unlike most ortho's.

When are you planning to have this done?

Mr. Unhappy about impacted cainin.

fyrelight

#3 Post by fyrelight »

I had both mine exposed, but it was covered COMPLETELY by my insurance here in the States.... I didn't pay a dime. I think it was probably something like $1500-$2000(american) without insurance. It didn't hurt too bad.... they numb you up well, and of course you can opt to be knocked out, as well. Afterward, my mouth was sore, but was ok with the pain meds they gave me. You'll do fine!

Good luck!

Pam
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

missing_tooth

#4 Post by missing_tooth »

Lets just get this out of the way. It costs $$$$. We might as well say, if you have to ask you can't afford it.

errrrr

lioninthelake

#5 Post by lioninthelake »

Well, you're definitely better off with employer insurance through Manulife than if you were just hoping for some coverage through your basic provincial health plan.

I would suggest you give your employer's benefits rep a call to find out how much of this procedure is covered by your plan and then call some surgeons in your area to get a rough cost estimate. If you really have your heart set on getting it done, make it happen. I went through braces+surgery contemplation about 10 years ago and just walked away from the idea. The 'what if' thoughts/regrets have been plaguing me since then so I just went for it and I'm glad I'm getting it over with.
In braces since May 2004