Question about surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Metal Mouth Guy

Question about surgery

#1 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

deleted
Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

yeah i got a date too yesterday. Better than those candle-lit dinner ones! hehe

May 24

congrats mate. we're all so close. upper and lower and genio for me.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

cassad

#3 Post by cassad »

YEA i have been booked for the 21st December. looks like i will be having christmas on the 20th of december. im having the two jaw surgery and my check bones cracked a bit for no charge. my sugeon says he wants to do it cos he can claim of medicare more or something and plus he says it will make my face even.

lioninthelake

#4 Post by lioninthelake »

Congrats on your date - we'll expect a battery of freak out posts from you the weekend before! :wink:
In braces since May 2004

chrisk

#5 Post by chrisk »

I'm happy for you MMG. Keep us posted on how it all goes.

Chrisk

Metal Mouth Guy

Message deleted because of KK

#6 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal Mouth Guy

#7 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawdawg

#8 Post by Slawdawg »

Hey, MMG! New guy posting here and I had to tell you I had quite the chuckle reading your posts with tina and her "boy"! Happy to hear things are on the way. I'm headed for a little SARPE and Le Fort in the next year or two and love this message board.

I wish I had thought about that eating thing. When I went for the molds and stuff, they stuck spacers in immediately, so I haven't been able to enjoy anything for the past week. Hopefully, when I get the metal on Feb. 1 I'll have some time to adjust and be able to chow down before the surgery hits.

I am not at all excited about having my mouth given the Ginsu treatments, but if I can eat a burger without the lettuce and tomato being pulled out of the bun and onto my lap, I guess it's worth it.

Metal Mouth Guy

#9 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Metal Mouth Guy

#10 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Metal Mouth Guy

#11 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawdawg

#12 Post by Slawdawg »

Now we got a beer thread goin...how 'bout that. Not much of a beer drinker myself...spousal unit tends to frown on it...but carbonization is a gift from the gods. It will be very difficulot to pass on the Coke (I'm in GA, so every carbonated beverage is a "coke".) Just like the way it cleans the gunk out of my mouth...much like it cleans the acid off the battery terminals.

I'm certainly going to check with the OS about taking care of it all in one shot. I would much prefer that. I am a teacher, so my job involves quite a bit of speaking every day. I didn't think I'd have to take too much time off by doing things during the breaks (Spring, Xmas, etc.). Sounds like I may need a little more time than that, especially if I can't get the hang of speaking with the expander in. I'm sure teaching with the jaw held together, whether it be wires or bands, won't be manageable. Oh the joys to come.

I'm the same way, MMG. Can't stand to be down for long. The only surgery I've ever had is the elective surgery to make sure I won't be a daddy again. That only kept me out a day or two and I was miserable. Luckily, I have lots of Disney and Warner Brothers DVD's to take the place of the soaps and a very sweet wife who takes really good care of me.

Metal Mouth Guy

#13 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal Mouth Guy

#14 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »