for those of you who had surgery...

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Scott19

for those of you who had surgery...

#1 Post by Scott19 »

For those of you that have had upper or lower jaw surgery, after a few months or a year what does it feel like to have newly aligned teeth? any specifics on what is now different? would love to hear, thanks :) ~ scott

Kimberley

#2 Post by Kimberley »

Hi Scott,

I had upper and lower done almost 8 weeksago now & everything is going great. My back molars are still tipped a bit, so some more work needsto be done at the ortho. It's still a bit difficult to chew things but I can eat most stuff - really looking forward to the day I eat salad again though, who knew you could miss salad?

If have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can look back on my thread about my surgery, that might help...

Kim

Scott19

#3 Post by Scott19 »

That's awesome to hear! so by tipped you mean there sort of out of angle messing with the way you bite down on food?) Was it hard to eat presurgery? my alignment of teeth dont seem to fall into place at all which leads to stress on the jaw making it hard to eat even exhausting.

ive had braces for the last 7 months and am having an adjustment which may be the day he will close the gaps in my teeth, not even shure how that is done :/..any help :) thanks

Kimberley

#4 Post by Kimberley »

Exactly, my back teeth are just tipped enough that it makes it a little hard to chew, but I manage. The left side seems easier to chew on right now. I didn't really have any problems chewing before I got my braces and surgery, I did it knowing that in the future it would cause problems if I didn't.

I hope everything with your adjustment goes well. I have a small gap in my top right teeth after surgery but it'll close up soon. It'samazing how fast teeth can move with braces. I used to have two teeth on either side of my front teeth that were pushed back. THe ortho said they would rocket forward after he put the brackets on them. The thought kind of scared me, but it was true, by the next morning one was almost totally where it was supposed to be and the other took just about another day or two. Needless to say I'm really happy with my ortho exerience so far & the surgery too went better than I could have hoped for.

Good Luck!
Kim