48 hrs post SARPE

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fran1971

48 hrs post SARPE

#1 Post by fran1971 »

Well it's been 48hrs since my surgery and everything is going great. Don't have any pain and only minor swelling around my upper lip and cheeks. My nose is congested but that was expected. Other than that , I had a pretty easy go of it. I would say the worst part of the whole process so far was the wait for my surgery day to come. Once I was on the operating table, it was all downhill from there. Have had no problems sleeping and been eating just soft foods like mash potatoes and ice cream. My O.S. activated my expander during surgery and I woke up with a nice gap in my front teeth. Had a follow up visit today and she showed me how to do it myself. But like I said Ive had it pretty easy so far. Thanks to Brandy and Slawdawg for their great advice to help me prepare for this. Will try and keep u updated on my progress. Thanks again :D

Brandyleigh35

#2 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Fran!
Woo Hoo! you are officially a member of the SARPE club! Glad to hear everything has gone smoothly and that you are not in any real pain. I was eating pretty easily afterwards too so I'm also glad to hear you are not relegated to a liquid diet like some others have been! It is all down hill from here Baby!

Brandy