Monday Blues.....

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kyle

Monday Blues.....

#1 Post by Kyle »

Well, I was browsing on the web and stumbled on this site and have been reading posts for an hour or two.... Monday is my surgery and even though I'm a 22 College kid, I'm really nervous about the procedure.... today the Doctor went over exactly what he was going to do and where he was going to cut as he held up a model human skull... I just laughed and said "I can't believe I'm doing this to myself..." I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and I know the end results will be worth the pain, but it's easier said then done.... I'm looking foward to future support from this site and I know I can sleep better if someone is also going on the same journey with me..... Tomorrow I venture to the hospital for pre-Admission testing and later get my expander put in by my Orthodontist.... Wish me luck and it's good to meet you all.....

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Good luck on Monday. Sometimes this can all seem overwhelming. But in the end it will be worth it all. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself!)

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

fran1971

#3 Post by fran1971 »

Kyle, I know exactly what you are going through. I just had my surgery 48 hrs ago and let me tell you the worst part of the whole thing is the wait. You keep running different things through your head and it works you up to were you start getting nervous about having the surgery. But I can tell you from experience that it is a piece of cake. I have had no pain at all and just a little bit of swelling. Don't worry about anything. You will be fine. I would say this though. Just because i felt great after the surgery I did make the mistake of not resting enough like they told me too when I got home from the hospital and I almost fainted in my living room from too much walking around. So after surgery make sure you go home and lay on the couch for a few days to let your body heal and you will be fine. Good Luck! :D

pokergirl

#4 Post by pokergirl »

Hi Kyle,

This site really is awesome and there's a lot of wonderful people on here who are very supportive. What kind of surgery are you having done? Good luck with everything and let us know how it turns out.