5 DAYS POST-SARPE UPDATE

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fran1971

5 DAYS POST-SARPE UPDATE

#1 Post by fran1971 »

5 Days and counting. All is going very well. Swelling is pretty much all gone and no pain to speak of. Have an appointment with my orthodontist today and a follow up with my Oral Surgeon on Thurs. Really starting to see changes in my mouth already. My gap has stayed pretty much the same; just a little larger than the last week. I forgot to ask my surgeon how many times she turned it during surgery but it had to been a few because I woke up with a pretty decent size gap and had none what so ever before surgery, but I have been turning it twice a day since. Hopefully some time next week I will be finish with expansion and get on with the healing process so that I can finally get this RPE removed!!! HA HA...Thanx..Fran :D

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

Wow Fran! That is great! We can all hope for such a speedy recovery. Be sure to keep all us future SARPIES updated.

Brandyleigh35

#3 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

That is great news Fran,
How far are you expanding? MM wise I mean? My expansion was relatively uneventful too. It was nice to get finished and be done with it though.
Glad to hear you are healing so well and that things are progessing smoothly. That is always good! Like Delag said....keep us posted!

Brandy

fran1971

#4 Post by fran1971 »

Brandy, I think I have to expand 8mm. Had my appointment with the ortho yesterday and he told me that everything was looking good and that I needed to keep turning my RPE twice a day until Friday, May26. That would make it 2 weeks. I forgot to ask my surgeon how many times she turned it during surgery so that I can keep count of how many times it has been turned. Does anybody know how many times theirs was turned during surgery? Is there a standard number that all docs use? Well thats all for now. Will update in a few days! :D

joplin

#5 Post by joplin »

My surgeon said he made "a couple" of turns in the surgery to make sure things were working the way they should. I never asked how many exactly "a couple" was. The next day my ortho made 3 more turns. It was weird to think that she was actually pushing my upper jaw halves apart! And I didn't feel a thing! From there on I was on a once a day schedual for 3 weeks (I think I counted 27 or 28 turns altogether) and gained a very modest gap that disappeared in another 3 weeks time.

Congratulations on making it to the post-SARPE club and good luck with the rest of the process!
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.