Wisdom teeth are out, pretty swollen!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vgmessenger

#16 Post by vgmessenger »

Good luck with your healing Beth, seems like having mine out was such much easier than this BSSO. Gets lots of rest and watch out for dry sockets!!

Victoria

Beth85

#17 Post by Beth85 »

Thanku Victoria! Don't think i see any signs of dry socket, although not sure what to look for? :?

Hope you have a smooth & speedy recovery :D

Take care,

Beth x

Beth85

#18 Post by Beth85 »

Oh ok so i'm sure i have none of that. The swelling has gone down considerably today thankfully and no more pain than usual!

Had a bit of trouble taking antibiotics and pain killers yday due to the bleed and also they're quite large and not sugar-coated :yuck: I'm terrible with taking tablets, especially not sugar-coated. It makes me gag and the taste of these antibiotics are foul :FeelSick:

So i haven't been too good with that but i dread it every time. Luckily i only had to take all my tablets for 3days :wink:

I still have an ulser at the back of my cheek where the last molar band rubs and with all the extra swelling it's made it a whole lot worse. Wax is useless and i currently can't bite down without eating my cheek ha ha :roll:

Anyway that's enough of me rambling on, sorry :oops:

Thanku for the advice Meryaten. You're always on hand whenever people need advice, it's so helpful :D

Beth85

#19 Post by Beth85 »

Erm sorry if i sound a bit thick but what's an 'antacid'? :oops:

dubnobass

#20 Post by dubnobass »

Tums, or Rennies :)
Or Remegel.. that might be OK, and chewable too. They certainly taste a little bit nicer than Rennies!

Beth85

#21 Post by Beth85 »

Oh ok! Thanks dubnobass, i'll try that.

str8teeth

#22 Post by str8teeth »

Might I ask why you had a piece of gum taken from the roof of your mouth? I may be facing wisdom tooth removal w/in the next year or so and am wondering what all it requires...like do they 'fill in' the whole from the teeth? I have no clue...

str8teeth

#23 Post by str8teeth »

Thanks for your reply! So, basically how long does it take for the clots to dissolve on their own? Like...how long to you have to worry about disturbing them?

loulou123

#24 Post by loulou123 »

hi beth

congratulations on getting the wisdom teeth removal out of the way, and i hope your feeling much better by now. :D

im getting all 4 of my wisdoms out at same time as my jaw surgery, not to sure if thats a good thing or not tho!

Take care

Louise

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Beth85

#25 Post by Beth85 »

Hi str8teeth, yes the reason i had gum removed was what Meryaten said. It was nothing to do with the wisdoms, my surgeon just chose to do it at the same time to avoid 2 seperate surgeries.

Oh and it wasn't until several days after surgery when my upper jaw started hurting & i noticed stitches, that i was then told they had taken all 4 wisdoms out!! :roll: And they were all impacted ha ha oops... :oops:

Hey Louise, nice to hear from you.

Yeh i'm much better now thanku. Recovery was maybe a bit longer than if i'd only had teeth out, cos i had 3/4 bleeds in about a week where gum was removed :shock: but all over & done with now.

I'm not sure why some people have wisdoms out at the same time as jaw surgery. I don't think i could as i'm having upper & lower and the lower jaw bone has to heal before surgery can go ahead...

Maybe it's different for each surgeon??? But at least that's one less surgery for you to worry about :D

Good luck with the date today! Let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Beth x