Its my turn this friday !! (NHS UK Hospital)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sammi

#16 Post by Sammi »

Good luck for today Kerry :D

I've had braces since May 08 and was ready for surgery in June, but everything got a bit delayed due to my surgeon being ill! Can't wait for the operation now!

You'll have to give me all the details! xx

changes09

#17 Post by changes09 »

Today is the day!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear your surgery exeperiance! :)

Tribal

#18 Post by Tribal »

Good luck Kerry! hope everything goes smoothly 8)

Kerry

#19 Post by Kerry »

hey all

im out the oherside and i guess things could be alot worse

atm im on day three, very swollen not eating much at all but lukily now im at home on my own i dont smell everyone elses fish n chips etc lol

iv been having cup of soups but they have little green herbs in that sometimes clog up my teeth, i am wired shut u see lol
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

Sammi

#20 Post by Sammi »

Hi Kerry,

Glad you have made it through with no complications - can't be much fun and those stupid green herbs are bad enough in braces :lol:

Kerry

#21 Post by Kerry »

how old are u sammi and where will u be having ur operation ?

iv now realised i can stretch my teeth abit to open them up a little so i managed to have a weetabix with loads of milk blended up. i used a syringe did make a bit of mess but it was the nicest thing iv eaten so far. lol
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

Sammi

#22 Post by Sammi »

I'm 23 and I'll be having it in Chichester - St Richards, I'm lucky in that the surgeon seems to have a good reputation in the field and I've trawled the Net reading anything he has published.

I am really not looking forward to the not being able to eat part, I am preparing a list of things to eat in the two weeks before my op at the moment that I wont be able to eat properly for a while!

Sod making a mess - get some food down ya! Anyway, it's not as if you can help it, so embrace it ;-) x

Kerry

#23 Post by Kerry »

yeh im 24 so similar age to you, my surgeoun was brilliant shes done such a good job and really please so far, fingers crossed all looks good once swelling has gone down.

yeh i did make a mess but it was worth it, think il have to have a milshake or something soon or chicken soup. i dont actually feel very hungry i think because its such an effort u tend not to want anything.

swelling is looking a tiny bit better today i think (i could be hoping) im icing everynow n then just to stop it from feeling hot and i do think its doing the trick.

i guess everything is trial and error at the moment, im not in alot of pain so thats a good thing :)

Sammi

#24 Post by Sammi »

I'll be 24 when I have the op, birthday is 5 days before it!

I think the only thing you can do is just eat as much as you can, when you can, that's all I'm going to aim to do.

Glad the pain isn't too horrible - I saw what you said about the IV drugs being a pain in the butt *literally* :shock:

You'll have to get some pics up soon :)

Kerry

#25 Post by Kerry »

yeh i uploaded some on my fone my camera actually broke but il try gather some together

mamakitty

#26 Post by mamakitty »

I'm booked in for surgery on Friday too. Not sure what time yet, said they'd call me the day before to let me know my admission time. Scary! I've been eating like crazy. Had steak every night this week so far. Lamb chops tonight. Even work is throwing a food party for me tomorrow. I've been reading a lot about the 'zip n squeeze' bags however can't get them in Australia which sucks. I guess I'll have to go out and buy a bulb syringe and sippee cup. Good luck, look forward to sharing our experiences