Perception of 'non necessary' surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metal mouth fairy

Re: Perception of 'non necessary' surgery

#16 Post by metal mouth fairy »

Thats good to hear, makes me feel alot better! Good luck with your treatment!

conine

#17 Post by conine »

yellowhat wrote:Thank you for your opinions. Hopefully the people who matter will support me through the treatment.

Another thing is bothering me slightly; the time-scale. I have one little boy and was thinking of trying for number 2 in 2 years time. Obviously this will not be possible if I'm in the middle of treatment. Ah, another thing to ponder upon.....
I don't know if you are male or female, but I started braces when my wife was pregnant with our first, and had surgery when he was 6 months old. We managed ok.

yellowhat

#18 Post by yellowhat »

I'm female.

Got appointment through for molds/ x-rays in October. I'm sure I'm going to find it hard explaining to people why I'm having it done. I'm a teacher, so not only will I have colleagues, but 30 little faces and 30 sets of parents to face. I'm bound to get some negative opinions.

conine

#19 Post by conine »

yellowhat wrote:I'm female.

Got appointment through for molds/ x-rays in October. I'm sure I'm going to find it hard explaining to people why I'm having it done. I'm a teacher, so not only will I have colleagues, but 30 little faces and 30 sets of parents to face. I'm bound to get some negative opinions.
Eh, don't worry about it. I'm an attorney in a very impoverished region of Appalachia. The kids around here hardly get braces, let alone the adults. I thought that I would get a lot of crap, but honestly, over the past year I've only received one comment from a client (who is OCD), and one comment from a Judge, who was literally getting disbarred at the time, so he was quite unfiltered. It's really nothing to worry about.